POTY/YPOTY

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to be annoyed that Kipre and Campbell aren't quoted for YPOTY but on the other hand, it's also hard to argue with the ones that are quoted (and maybe tells us that the standard of young player is higher than it's been?).

Kipre for a first season pro has been outstanding and one of the most "watchable" defenders I have ever seen for us - and most probably don't realise how young he is. He's got a mistake in him as you would expect - but that obviously hasn't stopped Morelos making the cut. Campbell may not be as obvious to non-'Well fans but he has been an absolutely key player for us this season (his introduction at half time against County in an early season game that established him as a first choice player was a key moment in our season) - he will play at a high level if he continues the way he has and the saving grace that at 19, he can still be in the running for YPOTY for another couple of years.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I want to be annoyed that Kipre and Campbell aren't quoted for YPOTY but on the other hand, it's also hard to argue with the ones that are quoted (and maybe tells us that the standard of young player is higher than it's been?).

Kipre for a first season pro has been outstanding and one of the most "watchable" defenders I have ever seen for us - and most probably don't realise how young he is. He's got a mistake in him as you would expect - but that obviously hasn't stopped Morelos making the cut. Campbell may not be as obvious to non-'Well fans but he has been an absolutely key player for us this season (his introduction at half time against County in an early season game that established him as a first choice player was a key moment in our season) - he will play at a high level if he continues the way he has and the saving grace that at 19, he can still be in the running for YPOTY for another couple of years.

Haven't you been watching?  Kipre nearly kicked Scott Brown - he's lucky he wasn't fucking deported.

Archived