CONIFA World Cup

Girth

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Soccer have reported on various non-affiliated tournaments over the years: the Viva World Cup, the Wild Cup and the like.  Always thought it was a great idea and sounded like good fun. So, since I'm not going to Russia, I'm going to go down and take in the first day with the Group B double header at Enfield (Abkhazia-Tibet and Northern Cyprus-Karpatalya), then over to Bromley for Barawa-Tamil Eelam. Cannae wait! 

Tickets for...

Szekely Land v Matabeleland and Padania v Tuvalu purchased for a double header Saturday. :thumsup2

Debating on...

Tuvalu vs. Matabeleland and Barawa vs. Ellann Vallin Sunday too...

On 26/04/2018 at 10:51, DA Baracus said:

Didn't the Vatican used to have a team as well?

I heard Sevco are lining up a bid for their star striker.

About to kick off and games shown on live streaming through the Confifa website.

https://mycujoo.tv/video/conifa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_of_Independent_Football_Associations

Maybe the future for Scotland. Yorkshire just started a team recently. :)

Defending champs Abkhazia off to a solid start against Tibet, winning 3-0, although it was closer than might have been expected for an hour. Abkhazia had most of the ball and looked much more comfortable in possession. They led 1-0 at HT, the goal coming from a corner, though the more direct Tibet did carry a threat. The second goal on the hour effectively put the game beyond an increasingly ragged Tibet, who finished with ten men after a mistimed last man challenge. 

Decent turnout, particularly from Tibet (and the Tibet-sympathetic neutrals).

28 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Defending champs Abkhazia off to a solid start against Tibet, winning 3-0, although it was closer than might have been expected for an hour. Abkhazia had most of the ball and looked much more comfortable in possession. They led 1-0 at HT, the goal coming from a corner, though the more direct Tibet did carry a threat. The second goal on the hour effectively put the game beyond an increasingly ragged Tibet, who finished with ten men after a mistimed last man challenge. 

Decent turnout, particularly from Tibet (and the Tibet-sympathetic neutrals).

My mate is at the game. 

Tibet making a decent bit of noise apparently!

2 hours ago, Girth said:

My mate is at the game. 

Tibet making a decent bit of noise apparently!

They did, and the Abkhazia support did alright too. Northern Cyprus had a good enough support at their game against Karpatalya but they were relatively quiet. A fairly well matched 1-1 draw, though perhaps if anybody was going to win it was Karpatalya. 

All to play for in the group... 

Hosts Barawa 3-0 up against Tamil Eelam at HT. Really open, entertaining game. Tamil Eelam have brought lots to the party but have been undone by a goalkeeping howler, a penalty and a spectacular fluke (I think it's fair to say - an almost certain cross that ended up in the top corner). By contrast a brilliant lobbed Tamil effort came back off the bar. There'll be chances, but surely no way back...? 

Rather than leaving half a match report, I should say that Barawa eventually triumphed 4-0 against Tamil Eelam. The fourth was a howler / penalty combo -the Tamil player who bundled over the forward as he was about to knock the ball into an empty net should have walked but Clattenburg was obviously feeling sympathetic.

Could easily have been more. TE didn't disgrace themselves and their efforts deserved a goal, but their defence was honking. 

Archived