The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Danny brought Hopkirk situation up himself. Said his personal situation has changed. Club are not paying Hopkirk after consultation carried out.

Danny stated he is going nowhere. He has ambition but wants to fulfil that with us.

Karim has signed.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Danny stated he is going nowhere. He had ambition but wants to fulfil that with us.

Karim has signed.

To be fair, he has a pretty good chance to win a league title with Clyde!

Also Karim is a good striker and will score goals for you!  Could be a good partnership him and Goodwillie.

The fan engagement at the club is in my opinion probably back to where it was in the Ronnie Mac days and in some respects better ,not many clubs you can arrange to meet the chairman on a one to one before home matches , we have a manager and assistant who are extremely approachable ( Alan Maitland) and who give up their time to manage supporter teams etc DL comes up to the Arria before matches .We again have players sitting in with the fans at away games and always happy to speak and get selfies . events like last night just add to fans feeling connected to the club
Having a right good squad helps as well [emoji6] As said most connected I've felt with the club since McDonald , this culture is driven from the chairman who deserves most of the credit for the positive atmosphere around our club at the moment.
This goes a long way to having over 200 in the 200 club season ticket sales increased and donations from supporters clubs and individuals
Well done all those involved

Although Belmokhtar is a talented player and will enhance our squad, it worries me a little that we have replaced Hopkirk with someone who inexplicably vanished from Edinburgh City last season. Hopefully that's behind him now though and we see the best of him. Brilliant to have another out and out striker on the books.

Although Belmokhtar is a talented player and will enhance our squad, it worries me a little that we have replaced Hopkirk with someone who inexplicably vanished from Edinburgh City last season. Hopefully that's behind him now though and we see the best of him. Brilliant to have another out and out striker on the books.

Danny was asked about his short stints at both Edinburgh and Peterhead and said that Karim is a player that needs to feel like he fits in at a club and welcomed. Followed that bysaying that his reaction to Ally Love’s winning goal on Saturday convinced him he was committed and a good fit for us.

Inexplicably he played for Peterhead.
Yes, 4 months after his last appearance for Edinburgh. Add in to that claims that he's lazy and apparently showed up, at times, less than half an hour before the kick-off of games last year, and I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up too much. He will have to hit the ground running if he's to be a starter for us and historically it would seem that he doesn't respond well to being a squad player.

Danny was asked about his short stints at both Edinburgh and Peterhead and said that Karim is a player that needs to feel like he fits in at a club and welcomed. Followed that bysaying that his reaction to Ally Love’s winning goal on Saturday convinced him he was committed and a good fit for us.
That is good to hear and I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case given Lennon's competence, but I think it's sensible to have some reservations when a player's recent history points to a few issues, particularly given the Hopkirk situation. Obviously, I know nothing of him as a person but it could be that as a foreign youngster he struggled to acclimatise at Edinburgh, and then at Peterhead was given the task of making a dent in the strongest strike force in the division.

As I said, he's a talented lad and gives us something that not a lot of strikers at this level can with his flair and willingness to take on defenders. I think he will be a great foil for Goodwillie, given how we play. His two goals against us helped body Chapman out the door last season so he's already in my good books!

Yes, 4 months after his last appearance for Edinburgh. Add in to that claims that he's lazy and apparently showed up, at times, less than half an hour before the kick-off of games last year, and I don't think anyone should be getting their hopes up too much. He will have to hit the ground running if he's to be a starter for us and historically it would seem that he doesn't respond well to being a squad player.

Ouch! That’s me telt!
Where is the evidence of your “claims”?

Claims from who ?

Or were you in the Edinburgh/ peterhead dressing room when he turned up at 2.30?

Archived