Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, lwh said:

Never a Rwb tbh, got caught up the park quite a few times. Be back through the middle next week 

With a competent RCB that wouldn’t have been an issue but instead we had Andy Munro.

How did he get the armband btw? Mental.

2 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

With a competent RCB that wouldn’t have been an issue but instead we had Andy Munro.

How did he get the armband btw? Mental.

Good point. O’Reilly ripped the pish out of him

I think realistically this our best 11 on paper. 
Could argue Whyte to come in at Centre half but I’m not sure he will ease his way into the team that easily. (Moore LWB potentially instead of Brindley)

Definitely lacking in depth.

IMG_2621.jpeg

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

3 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Could argue Whyte to come in at Centre half but I’m not sure he will ease his way into the team that easily.

IMG_2621.jpeg

Brindley over Moore ? No 

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Could argue Whyte to come in at Centre half but I’m not sure he will ease his way into the team that easily. (Moore LWB potentially instead of Brindley)

IMG_2621.jpeg

Get somebody in for Seb Ross and that looks decent. Badly need a left winger and another striker. What I'd give for the Danny Denholm of 10 years ago.

Noticed Alfie Bavidge scored for Aberdeen in the cup midweek, wonder if they'll keep him until they're eliminated. His dad was a baffling player, scored a lot but was also really frustrating.

30 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Get somebody in for Seb Ross and that looks decent. Badly need a left winger and another striker. What I'd give for the Danny Denholm of 10 years ago.

Noticed Alfie Bavidge scored for Aberdeen in the cup midweek, wonder if they'll keep him until they're eliminated. His dad was a baffling player, scored a lot but was also really frustrating.

Think that rayan mohammed at Dundee would be a good option, only 17 but has a good reputation already.

He scored a good goal in the spfl trust cup game Vs Buckie at station park last week. Scott Robertson is the Dundee B coach aswell so someone try to tell me why we wouldn't try to get him? 😆

Edited by ScottishLoon

17 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Has Shane Sutherland got a new club yet?

I know he was out last season with an ACL injury & it ended pretty rubbish with Inverness. If we got him fit he’d do a great job in league two. Still think he could do a job higher up the leagues though.

I've been saying since his release from the b*****d fake club that he'd be worth a punt. Can't go any worse than the Keatings signing.

10 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

I've been saying since his release from the b*****d fake club that he'd be worth a punt. Can't go any worse than the Keatings signing.

I would take him but If he's going to go anywhere it'll either be back at Elgin or Peterhead, it's also intentional that he's only played up there his whole career.

Edited by ScottishLoon

7 minutes ago, IpswichLoon said:

Skelly a doubt for tomorrow,  that's not good 

Yep, quoted from the preview -

"Josh Skelly who had to exit the action just after the hour mark last Saturday is a doubt and will require a fitness check pre-match.

Hopefully though the Athies have plenty of depth in their ‘locker’ to cope with these setbacks which are inevitable over the course of the season"

That last part is an odd thing to bring up when we're still clearly a couple players short of having good depth as of now.

Edited by ScottishLoon

13 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Yep, quoted from the preview -

"Josh Skelly who had to exit the action just after the hour mark last Saturday is a doubt and will require a fitness check pre-match.

Hopefully though the Athies have plenty of depth in their ‘locker’ to cope with these setbacks which are inevitable over the course of the season"

That last part is an odd thing to bring up when we're still clearly a couple players short of having good depth as of now.

I noticed that. They obviously view Watson and Paterson as his backups, but I agree we do have depth for most areas except up top! Watson and Paterson (so far at least) haven't shown that they're strikers. Watson appears more comfortable out wide and Paterson attacking mid. Maybe we're going to sign Matty Aitken on loan 😜