Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Reading all this about Mckinnon and his negative shite is reminiscent of when Mick McCarthy was at down here at Ipswich,  boring,  turgid crap beyond belief, playing Two defensive midfielders at home to Rotherham Utd ffs and being happy "we got a draw" the fans turned, the abuse started, the season was lost but thankfully he did one and took his massive ego with him. Mckinnon sounds like he's from the same mould. 

19 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Looks like Mutale's loan is over as he's returned to Dundee for rehab following an ankle ligament injury during training.

I'm sure some will say "who cares he was useless" but I think he showed some good movement and looked tricky to opposing defenders, and would have liked to see him play some more games to see what promise he has.

Definitely wouldn’t say he’s looked useless, had a few good touches and runs, but don’t think he’s any better than what we have already sitting on our bench.

With Skelly back and Ferguson probably going to be first name on the team sheet, I think he would probably be 3rd choice striker so would make sense to return to Dundee imo. 

Here's a conversation starter. According to The Courier, Ray has elected against arranging a friendly/bounce game this weekend. So, what would you do, and for what reasons?

No friendly - allows those injured to recover and gives players a rest (Ray's reasoning).

Play a friendly against a local junior side. Keeps fitness up, allows those coming back to get minutes and probably win therefore lifting a bit of morale.

Another option, details, reasons and why.

Definitely would have had a friendly, give the players who don’t get 90mins every week 90mins to keep match sharpness. Skelly last week looked like he needed to get some match fitness back.

Maybe against a lesser side in the hope Ferguson would maybe get a couple of goals and get confidence up.

5 weeks or so into the season, don’t see how the players would need a break. But he must have his reasons for doing so??

16 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Having this extra week to get ready for the Spartans game leaves zero excuses for ray if we don't put a performance on, And I don't mean playing good for half and hour and scoring one goal because that's not cutting it any more.

For things to be any different, he needs to make changes and I can’t see him doing that. The longer we go without a win, the safer he’s going to play.

We need to make changes and go out and attack a team from the start, not wait until 70 minutes then put on attacking players and pray they get a goal.

Absolutely cracking signing (should be). Please Ray, play some attacking football on Saturday.

I wonder how we'll line up at the weekend, maybe this?

McCallum 

Morrison, Munro, Allan

Nditi, Whatley, Inglis, Moore

MacLeod, Skelly, Ferguson

The front 3 being very narrow meaning all the width comes from Roberto & Smokie?

On 07/09/2023 at 08:28, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

You are acting as if league titles and promotions are the most important thing for us when we’ve only won 3 titles in our history and last promotion was 2017.

It’s Forfar Athletic not Real Madrid, a good season (in league 1) is getting play offs (which we usually bottle) or 5th place. If you care so much about us winning as many titles as possible then you must be really miserable.

I always want Forfar to win as many games as possible.

I find as I grow older its possible to enjoy specific results, but not entire seasons, unless something memorable happens. I've seen some great performances in some "terrible" seasons, and some terrible performances in some "great" seasons.

I don't subscribe to the idea that that football played under Gary Irvine was good at any point, though results were, at one point, for a short period of time. 

12 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Absolutely cracking signing (should be). Please Ray, play some attacking football on Saturday.

McCallum 

Morrison, Munro, Allan

The front 3 being very narrow meaning all the width comes from Roberto & Smokie?

No danger he starts 3 proper forwards. 

Raymond at no point has ever been known for attacking football 

10 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

I don't subscribe to the idea that that football played under Gary Irvine was good at any point, though results were, at one point, for a short period of time. 

First quarter of that season everyone showed us too much respect, then everyone apart from kelty figured out we were mince. 

14 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

McCallum 

Morrison, Munro, Allan

How long is Hutchinson out for?

If he’s still out for Saturday I’d play that lineup but move Whatley into defence replacing Munro to fit in Seb Ross somewhere 

6 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

No danger he starts 3 proper forwards. 

Raymond at no point has ever been known for attacking football 

Aye, you're probably right.

4 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

How long is Hutchinson out for?

If he’s still out for Saturday I’d play that lineup but move Whatley into defence replacing Munro to fit in Seb Ross somewhere 

I'd rather start Hutchinson or Whyte over Andy but, he's undroppable for Ray.

22 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

McCallum 

Morrison, Munro, Allan

Would rather see Paterson get a game instead of Ferguson. He has shown next to nothing so far 

12 hours ago, C_titz said:

Would rather see Paterson get a game instead of Ferguson. He has shown next to nothing so far 

I agree, everytime he comes off the bench he creates something and always looks to go forward, would like to see him get a start at home.

We’re really going to have to change our style of play to utilise Macleod, we cannot punt high balls up to him, needs to be played through the midfield into his feet, through the lines.