Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

There's obviously the perfectly reasonable explanation for Ferguson being at your game on Saturday that he was simply there to watch his son play, but you do wonder if he had a chat with Raymond while he was there.

To be fair, he’s been at every game since his son signed. Wouldn’t put it past him though to try and bring Ray in again.

On 25/09/2023 at 11:44, Vimto90 said:

Matty Atken is leading our line brilliantly. I know you fermers were obsessed with him joining us & how bad he is so just a wee update. 

Just needed away from your horrible wee club. 

What about Meechs....he winds up the windee lickers something rotten....no idea why, he gave us good service over his 4 seasons, travelling through covid to captain a shit side. 

22 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Am I right in thinking he can play right across the back line? Could be handy for us given we are a bit shy of options at full-back 

You’d be wasting him at full back. He’s an excellent centre back, just unlucky with injuries over the last couple of seasons.

Don’t blame him for looking for game time elsewhere, the fact he’s having to sit on the bench behind dross like Munro, no point in coming from Paisley every week to do that.

Edited by fafc1885

16 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

You’d be wasting him at full back. He’s an excellent centre back, just unlucky with injuries over the last couple of seasons.

Don’t blame him for looking for game time elsewhere, the fact he’s having to sit on the bench behind dross like Munro, no point in coming from Paisley every week to do that.

I'm beginning to think you might not be a fan of Munro....

Definitely some positives to take from today. 

Expect next Saturday to be very tricky. Elgin away on the 21st is the real test, fail to win up there & Raymond has some explaining to do. 

At this point last season we had: 

7 points

7 scored

9 conceded

Not far from identical to this season early doors. 

In the following 6 games we had:

4 points

4 scored 

12 conceded

Irvine was then rightfully given his jotters. 

Our next 6 games see us play Peterhead, Elgin, Stenny, Clyde, Bonnyrigg & Stranraer. You'd like to think we can take a minimum of 10 points from that run.

I'd say our squad this season is much more capable of shithousing a result better than the Irvine job-squad so fingers crossed...

I think this squad will come good this season.

I’ve seen enough already to make me think we will be at the correct end of the table come the end of the season.

We have some very good players in this squad, McKinnon just needs to find a settled 11 and formation and take the shackles off a bit more. 

4 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I think this squad will come good this season.

I’ve seen enough already to make me think we will be at the correct end of the table come the end of the season.

We have some very good players in this squad, McKinnon just needs to find a settled 11 and formation and take the shackles off a bit more. 

I don’t think we have enough in midfield. Always seem to get over run