Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

46 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Whatley is supposed to be our Kyle Hutton type. Also Ray has experimented with Adam Hutchinson in that role too.

I like Whatley but I'd prefer him to be spraying the ball about.

Whyte looked well suited to that job in the 2nd half of the Spartans game...

He wasn't at the game last night, nor is he on the committee anymore. 🤣 But he got this text from someone at North End who was at the match - 

Hey mate, yeah it was a good test for us and I actually thought we maybe played the better of the football in the first half, ended up 5 or 6-2 to Forfar though.

Think they started out with a few boys who aren't getting regular games and maybe a trialist as well I think. Definitely started with 2nd choice GK as it wasn't Mark McCallum in.

Josh Skelly wasn't playing, would have been good to see how he was getting on with the step up.

We kept it to 2-2 until about 60mins I think, then ran out of steam a wee bit.

Wee Patty came on for Forfar and completely changed the game for them, think he had 2 or 3 assists and won them a penalty, all within 30mins or so.

Couple of good performances from us and definitely a worthwhile task.

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Marc McCallum made his 250th appearance for Forfar at the weekend, the club have just put out a wee post congratulating him.

Yeah the number surprises you for a second but then you realise apart from I think daniel hoban having some games during the COVID year a few years ago Marc has played every game in the last 6 and a bit years. Crazy to think he's still only 30.

Edited by ScottishLoon

15 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Marc McCallum made his 250th appearance for Forfar at the weekend, the club have just put out a wee post congratulating him.

Seen that, great wee video of some of his saves and a great milestone for him to hit.

Great Keeper.

17 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

The trialist will be the number 12 who I’ve seen warming up at pre match and half time with the squad at Spartans at home, Stranraer and East Fife away

Yeah I thought that too, only info i got was that he sounded like he had an English accent and wasn't up to much.

17 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I just remembered that we still have another player apart from Darren whyte out on loan in Cammy blacklock.

Still confused as to why the club never acknowledged his loan on social media.

Yeah he's at Dundee North End and played against us the other night and was seemingly very good.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

So whereabouts is everyone on the panic meter?

Far too many just not up to it, wouldn't matter who was in charge. Doesn't help there wouldn't appear to be a plan A never mind a plan B.

To me it’s a three way battle with Elgin and Clyde. If we can’t sort out some home form then fear for us. Elgin and Huntly away should be the tipping point I would think.

30 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

To me it’s a three way battle with Elgin and Clyde. If we can’t sort out some home form then fear for us. Elgin and Huntly away should be the tipping point I would think.

Despite how close the table looks it's definitely not a 3 way battle.

I don't see us finishing below Elgin and Clyde, they are on a clear different level of poor team compared to us.

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

Despite how close the table looks it's definitely not a 3 way battle.

I don't see us finishing below Elgin and Clyde, they are on a clear different level of poor team compared to us.

Just my opinion. I hope you are correct but have seen nothing to suggest it, the team and manager are weak, ineffective and don’t really seem to care - a dangerous mixture.