Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

even some of Gary Bollan’s football was better to watch than this utter dross week in week out.

Woah now, I won’t have Bollan being praised in any form.

Disappointed with that yesterday, thought we’d maybe turned a wee corner the last couple of weeks, playing some decent football through the midfield, but that just didn’t happen at all yesterday. 

But also thought Peterhead were everything that we weren’t. They look organised, physical, seem to have a style of play, we had none of that yesterday.

Agree with what has been said regarding the substitutions, complete madness imo, we were probably going through our best spell of the match, our front 3 seemed to be starting to make breakthroughs, we score, he takes off 2 attacking players and leaves on 2 defensive midfielders?? Why not leave it for 10 minutes and see what happened? Madness.

Really don’t get some of the criticism/shouts directed towards Andy Munro yesterday, how anybody shouting “You’re f@cking Sh@te!!” at a player thinks that is going to have any positive impact is bewildering to me! Yes, he had a bad game and made mistakes and I’m sure he’ll be the first to admit that, but he doesn’t deserve abuse like that, he’s out there giving 100% and nobody can deny him that. I’ve criticised him on here before and I regret that and hope he didn’t read it at the time, but if he did that would be his choice to come on here and read that, at the game he’s not got a choice to listen to that or not, and may well have family needing to listen to it also. The manager picks him and he gives 100%, if that’s not good enough then that’s on the manager, I really don’t think a handful of fans abusing him is ever going to help, but that is only my opinion and sadly I’m sure it will continue. 

Edited by ForfarLoon84

21 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Really don’t get some of the criticism/shouts directed towards Andy Munro yesterday, how anybody shouting “You’re f@cking Sh@te!!” at a player thinks that is going to have any positive impact is bewildering to me! Yes, he had a bad game and made mistakes and I’m sure he’ll be the first to admit that, but he doesn’t deserve abuse like that, he’s out there giving 100% and nobody can deny him that. I’ve criticised him on here before and I regret that and hope he didn’t read it at the time, but if he did that would be his choice to come on here and read that, at the game he’s not got a choice to listen to that or not, and may well have family needing to listen to it also. The manager picks him and he gives 100%, if that’s not good enough then that’s on the manager, I really don’t think a handful of fans abusing him is ever going to help, but that is only my opinion and sadly I’m sure it will continue. 

Sorry but Munro has spent all of this current spell at the club blaming others on the park the first chance he gets. Plays a shocking ball? Someone else's fault. Full back out of position because they're doing his job? Can't be Andy's fault. There's been times where he's clearly trying to show up his colleagues on the park for things they've had nothing to do with. He's a shit captain & an even worse player. Being a bad player isn't a sin on its own, but the way he swaggers about like he's king p***k is ridiculous. Not to mention we've now lost Michael Travis & Darren Whyte in favour of keeping that muppet.

We beat a Stranraer team who were missing about seven starters and fluked a late equiliser against a terrible East Fife side and folk were believing we'd turned the corner? 

This is a poor, poor league and we've won one game!? I personally haven't seen us win since April 1st. We are so limited midfield to front yet it's a centre half getting blamed for everything. I'm biting your hand off for 9th.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

7 minutes ago, MattyAitkenSuperFan said:

Sorry but Munro has spent all of this current spell at the club blaming others on the park the first chance he gets. Plays a shocking ball? Someone else's fault. Full back out of position because they're doing his job? Can't be Andy's fault. There's been times where he's clearly trying to show up his colleagues on the park for things they've had nothing to do with. He's a shit captain & an even worse player. Being a bad player isn't a sin on its own, but the way he swaggers about like he's king p***k is ridiculous. Not to mention we've now lost Michael Travis & Darren Whyte in favour of keeping that muppet.

Travis is now at Berwick, that's how overrated he was.

16 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

We beat a Stranraer team who were missing about seven starters and fluked a late equiliser against a terrible East Fife side and folk were believing we'd turned the corner? 

This is a poor, poor league and we've won one game!? I personally haven't seen us win since April 1st. We are so limited midfield to front yet it's a centre half getting blamed for everything. I'm biting your hand off for 9th.

Or if you believe Facebook comments, we’ve just been unlucky in every game and are the best team in the league.

You're right in that we’re limited going forward, however the reason Munro is getting blamed for so much is the amount of goals he’s been heavily to blame for.

On paper, Nditi, Morrison, Whyte and Allan should have been a strong start for a good back five. Other than needing a natural LB (that we haven’t had for two years).

I wouldn’t say the league is as poor as you say but to still only win one game is abysmal and something needs to change quickly to rectify that. At this point last season we had won two games under Irvine which says it all.

25 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

What was the game where folk rounded on Munro for playing someone onside, Dumbarton maybe? Turned out from the highlights it was Morrison and nobody said a word.

How many goals has he been "heavily to blame for"?

Maybe because the highlights show it was Munro to blame for that goal?

Morrison was 100% to blame for the third yesterday and should take criticism for that, however it’s not often he has made a costly mistake.

7 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Maybe because the highlights show it was Munro to blame for that goal?

Morrison was 100% to blame for the third yesterday and should take criticism for that, however it’s not often he has made a costly mistake.

Looks like Morrison to me, possibly both of them.;

image.png.da99c62e19f016282b6126d61e7bc2dd.png

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

So Rory MacLeod is on international duty with Scotland U19s. That got me thinking. Who was the last Forfar player to get called up to a national side (senior or youth) whilst at Forfar?

I'm pretty sure Odmar Faro got a senior call-up to the Faroese national team 🇫🇴 a good few years ago.

But there is something in the back of my mind, but could easily be a false memory. Did George Stanger get a NZ U21 🇳🇿 call up a couple years ago when he was with us on loan?

5 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

So Rory MacLeod is on international duty with Scotland U19s. That got me thinking. Who was the last Forfar player to get called up to a national side (senior or youth) whilst at Forfar?

I'm pretty sure Odmar Faro got a senior call-up to the Faroese national team 🇫🇴 a good few years ago.

But there is something in the back of my mind, but could easily be a false memory. Did George Stanger get a NZ U21 🇳🇿 call up a couple years ago when he was with us on loan?

Just checked and stanger played for new Zealand at the 2019 u20 world cup but wasn't called up during his short loan in 2020.

Can't say I know of any others since big odmar.

Edited by ScottishLoon