Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

9 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Irvine had 11 points from 12 games before he was rightfully emptied last season. Ray has one more point, albeit with an extra game so how much longer are the club going to put up with him?

It feels more and more that it's the financial reasons that's the issue with sacking him which begs the question why they gave him a contract until 2025 in the first place!🤦‍♂️

Completely mental at part time level that he was given that off the bat and didn't even have to do anything to earn it.

Edited by ScottishLoon

I was truly surprised at how poor Forfar were last night. I always used to fear meeting with you as you were well organised, and fairly skillful.  How times change!  Even the basics were missing last night - 10 yard passes into the stand, miss-control, lack of ideas going forward.  

3 hours ago, IpswichLoon said:

And like many others, never to return. Sort it out ffs, the club is dying and nobody is doing a bloody thing about it. Negligence. 

let's not go there shall we, the club is not dying.

Yes we've made really poor and lazy managerial decisions since Weir left and financially we seem to not be as comfortable as were were a few years ago but that was inevitable if we didn't get promoted back to league 1 and started doing particularly bad in the cup.

Its clearly not working out for some of that squad but I still think we have a squad that if a new manager comes in that we can end up comfortably around 5th or 6th, outside the top 4 it's a poorer league this year than last year.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, speedframe said:

I did not want to read this.

Matches versus fellow strugglers will be crucial this season.

It does not bode well if we cannot raise our game for these fixtures. 

We were miles off it.

Did not look up for it at all.

The time McKinnon took to change things was a joke, and the things he did change were questionable at the very least.

I don’t like criticising individual players on here, but a few players last night just showed they aren’t up for a fight and just simply aren’t good enough unfortunately. 

I do think the Highland League is inevitable at some point, with free spending Lowland League teams and even EoS & WoS clubs with more money than Forfar have. I think the SPFL will likely look very different in 10 years time (and probably not for the better). With many "historic" clubs out of the league.

I'm not saying Forfar are broke, but we clearly can't match other teams in terms of wages and location. After all, the majority of part-time footballers live in the central belt and don't want to do a 2 hour drive to and from training twice a week after a day's work.

Ultimately, that's why I liked the idea of signing local based players, however, we just don't have a plethora of talent and quality players living in Angus/Dundee/Tayside area.

Highland teams have had this problem for years but with the cost of living and people rightly striving for a greater work/life balance this issue will likely spread to more parts of Scotland.

On 14/11/2023 at 10:51, RateofKnots said:

Apathy set in when they appointed Bollan. Never lifted. 

A very reasonable,sympathetic and considered post. At the end of the day, team management and Directors can only do so much with the cards they are given. Supplying a better hand is down to towns supporting their local team at the turnstiles. Cowdenbeith, Berwick, etc., clearly didn't.

4 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

We were miles off it.

Did not look up for it at all.

The time McKinnon took to change things was a joke, and the things he did change were questionable at the very least.

I don’t like criticising individual players on here, but a few players last night just showed they aren’t up for a fight and just simply aren’t good enough unfortunately. 

In our position any players not up for the fight shouldn't be anywhere near the team lines.

It's almost at the stage where Mr McKinnon seems to have lost interest - surely that cannot be the case?

3 hours ago, terracingtam said:

A very reasonable,sympathetic and considered post. At the end of the day, team management and Directors can only do so much with the cards they are given. Supplying a better hand is down to towns supporting their local team at the turnstiles. Cowdenbeith, Berwick, etc., clearly didn't.

It's down to cash being pumped in....see Arbroath and Montrose....we cannot compete, I remember the days of over 1000 crowds, they won't return.

Forget Campbell, Bollan, the problems we are seeing now started when the dream team came in, chucking silly money at rubbish signalled the end of our 1st division history, the last 2 appointments have not been good either so here we are staring down the abyss.

1 hour ago, speedframe said:

In our position any players not up for the fight shouldn't be anywhere near the team lines.

It's almost at the stage where Mr McKinnon seems to have lost interest - surely that cannot be the case?

I really hope that’s not the case, but last night would suggest otherwise.

As others have said, I think loan players maybe just don’t really care that much, and it shows.

Wur fucked lads . That team is full of absolute fairies who get bullied every fucking week. Skelly not good enough. Mutale does nothing , why does Ray keep starting with them when it’s obvious we are never going to score . 

last night second half all we did was pass side to side while Elgin sat back . No killer pass no nothing . 

3 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Wur fucked lads . That team is full of absolute fairies who get bullied every fucking week. Skelly not good enough. Mutale does nothing , why does Ray keep starting with them when it’s obvious we are never going to score . 

last night second half all we did was pass side to side while Elgin sat back . No killer pass no nothing . 

Absolutely. All the talk of lack of effort or interest. The bottom line is the squad is miles off it. We have about five players worth keeping -- four defenders and Thomson.

Robson? Moore? Mutale? Skelly? What is it they do? Theyre in without fail for some unfathomable reason. Who is going to create and who is going to put the ball in the net? Wouldn't matter who was in charge.

17 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I really can’t believe Mutale keeps getting a start, is there something in his contract that he needs so many starts? I really can’t believe McKinnon would be starting him unless that was the case.

22 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I really can’t believe Mutale keeps getting a start, is there something in his contract that he needs so many starts? I really can’t believe McKinnon would be starting him unless that was the case.

I have been saying this from the start (and getting slated for it) watched him play for Dundee and he simply does not fit this team-league type games, absolutely no way he can start on Saturday, Skelly is a classy player , just has nothing around him, play Macleod in his favoured position of striker ffs....paterson No10 and think about attacking for once. This is a winnable game especially if we can score early.

42 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Absolutely. All the talk of lack of effort or interest. The bottom line is the squad is miles off it. We have about five players worth keeping -- four defenders and Thomson.

Robson? Moore? Mutale? Skelly? What is it they do? Theyre in without fail for some unfathomable reason. Who is going to create and who is going to put the ball in the net? Wouldn't matter who was in charge.

I actually likes Robson when he first appeared but he has declined . Moore I can give or take he shows flashes of decent stuff but again just seems lightweight . I don’t even think defence is the problem it’s the inability of the midfield or forwards to create or hold the ball up that is absolutely destroying us 

28 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

I have been saying this from the start (and getting slated for it) watched him play for Dundee and he simply does not fit this team-league type games, absolutely no way he can start on Saturday, Skelly is a classy player , just has nothing around him, play Macleod in his favoured position of striker ffs....paterson No10 and think about attacking for once. This is a winnable game especially if we can score early.

Exactly what I would like to see.

Skelly and MacLeod up front with Patty as a ‘10’ behind them.

And give them a run of games/starts to try and gel and form an understanding of each other.