Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

17 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

You know things are bad when Matty Allan goes off injured and you think, well that's our goal threat gone

Exactly 🤦‍♂️ unless Patersons on the pitch right now the only time I think we can score is from a scrappy set piece.

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Didn't acknowledge the young lads who made the trip......does he know its over?

Just home now, stayed for a couple of beers in Edinburgh before the train to try and numb the pain.

Very poor from him, W, L or D you should always acknowledge the supporters who made the effort and parted with their cash to back you! And in the pissing rain today. Piss poor imo.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Exactly 🤦‍♂️ unless Patersons on the pitch right now the only time I think we can score is from a scrappy set piece.

I’m getting bored saying it now, he is our biggest goal threat (scoring or assists) Even his deliveries from set pieces are enough to have him on the park. He got about 10 minutes today and brought energy to the team as soon as he came on and we created our 2 best chances in the last 10.

Whatley and Robson dropped Kinglis and Patty in for me. Whatley can definitely do a job somewhere on the park for us, but not as a number 10. Finn would maybe benefit from a start on the bench and maybe give him a kick up the arse.

Think Skelly needs dropped too, just not sure what his attributes are right now?

14 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I’m getting bored saying it now, he is our biggest goal threat (scoring or assists) Even his deliveries from set pieces are enough to have him on the park. He got about 10 minutes today and brought energy to the team as soon as he came on and we created our 2 best chances in the last 10.

Whatley and Robson dropped Kinglis and Patty in for me. Whatley can definitely do a job somewhere on the park for us, but not as a number 10. Finn would maybe benefit from a start on the bench and maybe give him a kick up the arse.

Think Skelly needs dropped too, just not sure what his attributes are right now?

We were settled in defence and midfield today, we just had no presence up top at all. Kept on playing long balls to Seb (the smallest man on the pitch). Skelly just had his work rate that was it.

About half way through the season I’d say our best 3 players that should be starting every game (not including McCallum as he will either way) is:

Patterson

Nditi

Morrison

2 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

We were settled in defence and midfield today, we just had no presence up top at all. Kept on playing long balls to Seb (the smallest man on the pitch). Skelly just had his work rate that was it.

About half way through the season I’d say our best 3 players that should be starting every game (not including McCallum as he will either way) is:

Patterson

Nditi

Morrison

See I’d agree mate, they do looked settled and look pretty good defensively, but the strikers need better service and that has to come from defence/midfield. Robson and Whatley although do a good job defensively, don’t look to take the ball from the defender which means they are forced to go long and it doesn’t work. Kinglis and Patty always look to give the defence an option to take the ball at their feet and play through balls to the forwards rather than long hopeless balls.

That's us in a nutshell, a defence that in normal circumstances would be good at this level, but we can't hold anything further up which increases the pressure on our defence.

We'll sneak enough clean sheets and sneaky wins to stay up in 8th or 9th place, but it'll be a chore. This negativity is chronic. Even Malcolm's team that got relegated in the shortened post-covid season made a go of it

The amazing thing about yesterday is that we set up not to concede & do our very best to not shoot.

We got the 2nd part spot on. 

Spartans were poor, but they have a proper striker who, when presented with a chance, buried it. Skelly isn't good enough & playing long balls to Ross is sack worthy in its own right. 

Raymond built this squad & it's dugmeat. Then when you throw in the absolutely horrific tactics you can only assume we'll be battling away with Elgin to avoid 10th place. any other club would've sacked the charlatan, but the directors will likely see anything above a 10th place finish as a job well done.

Edited by May Rckinnon

If there's no club statement this week then the more and more it feels like the board are trying to force ray to be our Stewart Petrie and build like Montrose did.

It's probably a good idea to go that way but if we don't execute it with the right manager then it ends up looking a bit of a car crash like it is now.

18 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

It's probably a good idea to go that way but if we don't execute it with the right manager then it ends up looking a bit of a car crash like it is now.

That's it though, unfortunately I don't think we have the right manager.

I don't want to be a club who sacks managers every season and certainly don't want to see anyone out of a job, but this just isn't working sadly.

He is just far too negative and doesn't look like he is going to change that despite results not picking up, and that stuborness ultimately looks like it will cost him his job.

I honestly believe an attacking, pressing team would do very well in this league, you just need to have the balls and the players to do it.