Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

11 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Has it now just become a habit for the defenders to play it long and miss out the midfield? Do they not trust the midfielders to take it? Is it instruction from Mckinnon?

That will be a McKinnon instruction, a man with no match plan and who clearly never does his homework on any opposition. Thats either arrogance or incompetence. He will be gone by Monday hopefully

1 hour ago, farfirloon said:

That will be a McKinnon instruction, a man with no match plan and who clearly never does his homework on any opposition. Thats either arrogance or incompetence. He will be gone by Monday hopefully

Everyone stays, on and off the pitch, everyone owns whats coming, wether its good or bad, zero excuses.

At least he oversaw the pitch installation & the new hospo cabins . 

what about the football side of things ?

arse licking statement & the usual arse lickers in the comments

5 hours ago, C_titz said:

At least he oversaw the pitch installation & the new hospo cabins . 

what about the football side of things ?

arse licking statement & the usual arse lickers in the comments

Like it or not he was involved in some good things at the club.

ultimately though his poor decision making on footballing matters in more recent years cost him any good faith.

Also if we live in Dreamland for a moment im sure this news would be welcome to Dick Campbell if he fancied returning for a last hurrah?

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Like it or not he was involved in a lot of good things at the club.

But ultimately his poor decision making on footballing decisions in more recent years cost him any good faith.

This is true. Thanks to AD, Forfar will have some of the best facilities in the HL.

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Like it or not he was involved in some good things at the club.

ultimately though his poor decision making on footballing matters in more recent years cost him any good faith.

Also if we live in Dreamland for a moment im sure this news would be welcome to Dick Campbell if he fancied returning for a last hurrah?

I agree, the facilities have improved under his watch, largely down to him. As you also point out, his football decisions haven’t been good. I was against sacking DC, I believed he could and would turn it around. That said, I believed he was heading naturally to a DoF role and SP would’ve been promoted to first team head coach. However, AD had his idea of getting rid of DC completely and bringing in GB. We’ve been up and down, mainly down, since. A brief and exciting resurgence under Weir only prevented us from being where we are earlier.

10 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Everyone stays, on and off the pitch, everyone owns whats coming, wether its good or bad, zero excuses.

I don't see what good that would do anybody. If McKinnon is sacked soon then he would have got whats coming. Why wait until we are down before the club do anything? Alistair Donald obviously didn't want to own what's coming

3 hours ago, farfirloon said:

I don't see what good that would do anybody. If McKinnon is sacked soon then he would have got whats coming. Why wait until we are down before the club do anything? Alistair Donald obviously didn't want to own what's coming

We are gone, it's finished, let them all enter the hall of shame.

We're not supporters of FAFC, we're customers of FAFC.

That's how the directors see us. 

They love how much everyone has turned out for Hibs tickets, but good luck getting a thank you if you braved the elements travelling to an away game.

Edited by May Rckinnon

4 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I agree, the facilities have improved under his watch, largely down to him. As you also point out, his football decisions haven’t been good. I was against sacking DC, I believed he could and would turn it around. That said, I believed he was heading naturally to a DoF role and SP would’ve been promoted to first team head coach. However, AD had his idea of getting rid of DC completely and bringing in GB. We’ve been up and down, mainly down, since. A brief and exciting resurgence under Weir only prevented us from being where we are earlier.

Interesting theory, I can't imagine Dick taking a back seat as a DoF, he loves the touchline and bollocking officials too much 😆

The thing is this club hasn't got a viable plan. We're not a "throwing cash around" club, nor are we a truly community club like Montrose, Stenny etc. Our community trust doesn't have any proper ties to the club other than names. We also aren't a developing club which invests in a youth team.

Honestly, we are destined for the Highland League it's just whether it's this year or in the next few seasons.

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Interesting theory, I can't imagine Dick taking a back seat as a DoF, he loves the touchline and bollocking officials too much 😆

The thing is this club hasn't got a viable plan. We're not a "throwing cash around" club, nor are we a truly community club like Montrose, Stenny etc. Our community trust doesn't have any proper ties to the club other than names. We also aren't a developing club which invests in a youth team.

Honestly, we are destined for the Highland League it's just whether it's this year or in the next few seasons.

I'd rather go down this season, carry on the booing as long as possible.

6 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Dick and Co will transform the Methil minks

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

The thing is this club hasn't got a viable plan

But, but, but, it was only 6 months ago this was news 😂

"Forfar re-name stadium after entering into historic agreement with local construction company

Forfar chairman Scott Murdie says his club's historic stadium renaming deal can help bolster their League Two promotion bid."