Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

10 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Great results elsewhere for us today

C24B8C91-B3FA-481F-B113-ABF6A42DAF8D.thumb.jpeg.b2866ca80efc75eaa5667f69a0522160.jpeg

Top with a game in hand (smokies bottom 🤩) surely should be going into the derby as heavy favourites

Only slight annoyance is cowden bottled the winning penalty which might mean if we don't beat Arbroath it could come down to bonus points.

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Lose the last 2 games and all this talk will look more premature than the "Ray McKinnon moves clubs more often than Robbie Keane" bed sheet.

Tbh, I expected 3 points only so delighted to be going into the derby against Arbroath knowing a result will likely qualify us 

Good to be in the position where we're still in the competition at this stage, and guaranteed to be playing for something last game.

Arbroath will be big favourites but have had a poor start, hopefully we can give them a game and if we can win it we'd hopefully be through regardless of the St Mirren result

47 minutes ago, lwh said:

Tbh, I expected 3 points only so delighted to be going into the derby against Arbroath knowing a result will likely qualify us 

Aye. Good performances so far. Hopefully continue, even if the results don't in the next couple

6 hours ago, lwh said:

Random and completely pointless thought but half our squad are in their second spell at the club 

McCallum

Nditi

Brindley

Whyte

Munro

Hutchinson

Moore

Robson

Watson

Whilst I guess that is true, the fact that Brindley, Whyte, Hutchinson, Moore, Robson and Watson all (basically) joined us immediately after their loan spell finished. I kind of see it as just a continuation of their first spell.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Forfar away shirt.

I've bought Pendle before but the Forfar shirt was labelled a S-M (38-40) but the actual size was 44 inches.

Are the current crop of shirt sizes accurate?

Is the S-M actually 38-40 and is the large 44 inches?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, IpswichLoon said:

No better way to qualify than to beat Arbroath 

Will certainly be interesting to see how we do. Two seasons ago in the Scottish cup we couldn’t lay a glove on them and despite only 2-0 was a bit embarrassing. 

Be interesting to see Robson directly up against Slater too.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Will certainly be interesting to see how we do. Two seasons ago in the Scottish cup we couldn’t lay a glove on them and despite only 2-0 was a bit embarrassing. 

Worth pointing out though that was during one of the best seasons in their history and they nearly got promoted to the premiership.

They're nowhere near that good right now and on the flip side we're looking better than we were two years ago.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Was it not 3-0? Or have I gone mental 

10 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Worth pointing out though that was during one of the best seasons in their history and they nearly got promoted to the premiership.

They're nowhere near that good right now and on the flip side we're looking better than we were two years ago.

Apparently Arbroath are terrible going forward. They’ve only scored once in the 2 games so far and it was a pen. When you think of our seemingly very solid defence we should be able to make a decent game of it

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Yeah and we barely got near their box all game, complete non contest in Baltic wind.

Took me about 3 hours to get there from Aberdeen only for Yussuf Hussain to start and for us to roll over and have our belly rubbed. Shite