Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surprised to see all the Arbroath hatred 😂

This is now practically a home game for me I’m about a 6 minute round trip walk to Station Park and back to the house at the moment. Only temporarily just now but plan is to eventually buy and move into the town permanently so would be delighted if any future child of mine decided to support Forfar over the Old Firm however I will well and truly be pushing for them to support Arbroath 😂

A big game for you lads but after our slip up against Cowdenbeath it’s practically meaningless for us. Can’t see a good support through and fully expect Forfar to win the game we’ve been miles off it. 

Totally agree. If I'm fortunate to have children they can support any team except the Auld Firm (but Forfar will be encouraged 😄)

Should be a great crowd tonight and it's great to see us Loons feeling positive about playing the Lichties. Something we've not had for probably 4 or 5 years.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This is something I'm very jealous of. I'd love for us to have a rival team that I hate. The sort of team who I'd get a buzz out of seeing lose, even when we aren't doing well. It's a feeling I only get for the England national team, it makes me sick when they're doing well and I become a seething mess. I wish I could have that feeling in club football.

Maybe if Clydebank get a couple promotions?

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surprised to see all the Arbroath hatred 😂

This is now practically a home game for me I’m about a 6 minute round trip walk to Station Park and back to the house at the moment. Only temporarily just now but plan is to eventually buy and move into the town permanently so would be delighted if any future child of mine decided to support Forfar over the Old Firm however I will well and truly be pushing for them to support Arbroath 😂

A big game for you lads but after our slip up against Cowdenbeath it’s practically meaningless for us. Can’t see a good support through and fully expect Forfar to win the game we’ve been miles off it. 

If you beat us and Montrose 8 points might be enough. Could even be enough to top the group if st mirren drop any more points, however fingers crossed that’s irrelevant come 10 o’clock

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Totally agree. If I'm fortunate to have children they can support any team except the Auld Firm (but Forfar will be encouraged 😄)

Should be a great crowd tonight and it's great to see us Loons feeling positive about playing the Lichties. Something we've not had for probably 4 or 5 years.

Always enjoy seeing a Forfar top in the town. 

It feels like a long time ago we were at Station Park after checking it was 4 and a half years. If I remember correctly we were hoping to win League 1 that day and it all went Pete Tong after an early Michael McKenna goal for us. Dale Hilson and Lewis Moore scored for you, both went on to play for us after. Hilson a steady squad player and Moore a pretty hit and miss loan. 

Thomas O’Brien, Colin Hamilton, Ricky Little, Michael McKenna and David Gold are still with us from that day. Mark Whatley is now at you.

Mark McCallum your only player from that day still at Forfar I believe. A whole lot has changed since. 

I think we have a very good starting 11 on paper when playing our strongest side and that should be able to win this game tonight but so far it has absolutely not transpired and we have been given a couple of very tough lessons. Also expect a wee bit of shuffling the pack from us to give players minutes. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Always enjoy seeing a Forfar top in the town. 

It feels like a long time ago we were at Station Park after checking it was 4 and a half years. If I remember correctly we were hoping to win League 1 that day and it all went Pete Tong after an early Michael McKenna goal for us. Dale Hilson and Lewis Moore scored for you, both went on to play for us after. Hilson a steady squad player and Moore a pretty hit and miss loan. 

Thomas O’Brien, Colin Hamilton, Ricky Little, Michael McKenna and David Gold are still with us from that day. Mark Whatley is now at you.

Mark McCallum your only player from that day still at Forfar I believe. A whole lot has changed since. 

I think we have a very good starting 11 on paper when playing our strongest side and that should be able to win this game tonight but so far it has absolutely not transpired and we have been given a couple of very tough lessons. Also expect a wee bit of shuffling the pack from us to give players minutes. 

One thing that's been obvious about Arbroath though is your lack of scoring more than 1 goal in a game. 

We were low scorers last year too but you were even below us by quite a few.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

One thing that's been obvious about Arbroath though is your lack of scoring more than 1 goal in a game. 

We were low scorers last year too but you were even below us by quite a few.

That’s what let us down last year - a lot of games in the first half of the season we didn’t even play with a striker. We put Bobby Linn up top and put Scott Allan in the number 10, got a few goals from that but it was a very tough watch.

Our back 4 and keeper usually so very reliable but ToB and Ricky Little in particular have looked miles off it in the first two games so it’s very worrying.

This year at centre forward Bird looks like a real find, McIntosh is steady but Turan for me is as bad as anything we had start of last season. 

Definitely more concerned about us defensively than going forward at the moment though for reasons stated. That’s what we are always usually good at and built our success off but we’ve been shown up big time the first 2 games. 

Anyway looking forward to the novelty of this game for me tonight and wish Forfar the best of luck.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That’s what let us down last year - a lot of games in the first half of the season we didn’t even play with a striker. We put Bobby Linn up top and put Scott Allan in the number 10, got a few goals from that but it was a very tough watch.

Our back 4 and keeper usually so very reliable but ToB and Ricky Little in particular have looked miles off it in the first two games so it’s very worrying.

This year at centre forward Bird looks like a real find, McIntosh is steady but Turan for me is as bad as anything we had start of last season. 

Definitely more concerned about us defensively than going forward at the moment though for reasons stated. That’s what we are always usually good at and built our success off but we’ve been shown up big time the first 2 games. 

Anyway looking forward to the novelty of this game for me tonight and wish Forfar the best of luck.

Of course 😄 and best of luck to tam O'Brien on his 5 year part time contract.

Edited by ScottishLoon

13 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

If he’s looking past it already that would be very very very funny 

38 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

A weird one but I’m happy about it

24 minutes ago, lwh said:

If he’s looking past it already that would be very very very funny 

Not at all - just a very slow start from him in this group stage - was very important in the run in just a couple of months ago and Dundee fans saying how good he was just last week. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Maybe if Clydebank get a couple promotions?

Maybe. Although it's always been quite a friendly rivalry between us two I think. Quite a few Sons fans were involved in trying to save the Bankies back in the day I'm sure.

In saying that, if they came up and the two of us were scrapping for a title/against relegation I would despise them I think. But maybe only for 90 minutes. I want some all consuming hatred.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Maybe. Although it's always been quite a friendly rivalry between us two I think. Quite a few Sons fans were involved in trying to save the Bankies back in the day I'm sure.

In saying that, if they came up and the two of us were scrapping for a title/against relegation I would despise them I think. But maybe only for 90 minutes. I want some all consuming hatred.

I hate the way the lights always change halfway up Kilbowie Road, that's enough for me.

2 hours ago, lwh said:

If you beat us and Montrose 8 points might be enough. Could even be enough to top the group if st mirren drop any more points, however fingers crossed that’s irrelevant come 10 o’clock

Can't see 8 points being enough unless, as you say, it's to top the group. Even 9 might miss out.

8 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'd tend to agree, think Paterson is due a start though.

think his time will come, will defo be a good impact player if he’s on the bench

37 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

I would start Thomson over Whatley to slot Kinglis back in the middle

I’d keep whatley in , did a lot of the dirty work last week and will be tough against higher league opposition tonight . 

29 minutes ago, C_titz said:

I’d keep whatley in , did a lot of the dirty work last week and will be tough against higher league opposition tonight . 

Middle of the park will be a breeze we are a very soft touch in there - one of our main weaknesses despite having so many players for the position