Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

That is bizarre! Guess we will have to wait to see if a loan does come in to take his spot. Talking of loans any more rumours on the supposedly Aberdeen striker we were looking at?

Heard nothing since around about the Montrose game so will have to see.

Edited by ScottishLoon

8 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Bless. Is that really the extent of your ambition?  

Your ambition this season is to avoid a relegation while ours is to win a league.

The mood in your forum is a lot less optimistic than ours which says it all.

Let's not kid ourselves, being in around the bigger clubs and stadiums isn't worth it for a supporter for more than a couple seasons when you start losing most weeks and not scoring much.

7 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Your ambition this season is to avoid a relegation while ours is to win a league.

The mood in your forum is a lot less optimistic than ours which says it all.

Let's not kid ourselves, being in around the bigger clubs and stadiums isn't worth it for a supporter for more than a couple seasons when you start losing most weeks and not scoring much.

We’re striving, you’re settling. Arbroath v Forfar in the Championship would be great. 

16 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

We’re striving, you’re settling. Arbroath v Forfar in the Championship would be great. 

I agree that it would be great however I'm not sure more than 2 years in the championship would be worth it if We're losing most weeks for me. 

I'm sure the club would be happy financially but I'd rather be having games in league 2 where you can beat the likes of Elgin or stranraer by 3 or 4 than grinded out draws vs the likes of morton or partick.

Edited by ScottishLoon

2 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I agree that it would be great however I'm not sure more than 2 years in the championship would be worth it if We're losing most weeks for me. 

I'm sure the club would be happy financially but I'd rather be having games in league 2 where you can beat the likes of Elgin or stranraer by 3 or 4 than grinded out draws vs the likes of morton or partick.

Rather be out of the trapdoor league thank you very much.  One shite season away from the Highland League.

Listen these petty squabbles will be meaningless when we’re both in League One next year. Nice to know we still live thoroughly rent free in their heads though. 

8 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Bless. Is that really the extent of your ambition?  

Is it so piss boring on your own forum that you need to come on a rivals to get your fix ? Didn't see you on here gobbling off after the 1-3 defeat the other night. 

16 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

If getting absolutely outplayed in every department and thrashed by Forfar earlier in the week gets you in a state like this, you might want to, I don't know, take up bowls.

I wouldn’t have normally cared - Forfar are an irrelevance to us obviously. Only time you come up is every couple years when we nick your star player / players.

Look at the Arbroath thread after Tuesday, acting like you’d won the cup outright when it went 3-1 👍🏻

Hilarious you have been pumped out after that reaction  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

It really is a shame that after all these amazing advancements in medicine they've never found a cure for being a weird c**t from Arbroath.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s either weird or pish patter - probably both 

Don't like the patter don't come in the thread... 

I reserve the right to speak for the rest of Angus & point out you're a creep who supports Arbroath. Hardly a wild take.

We were the architects of our own downfall yesterday, commendable that we tried to play football, but we got the balance wrong and gave it away slackly too often in situations where it should've just been booted clear. Whatley and Robson in particular struggled, and Brindley was badly exposed throughout. St Mirren are obviously a huge step up in quality than the teams we've faced and took advantage.

We did do a lot better in the 2nd half, albeit they still looked a threat on the break and were in 2nd gear, they could've added to their tally but for McCallum, we were unlucky not to score too, especially Allan's header off the bar. I'd like to credit Josh Skelly, got very little service but continued to chase what he could and got us up the pitch many times through his tenacity. Paterson also looked good when he came on.

Slight disappointment to not get through, but ultimately we've done well against teams from leagues above us and I'd say are well prepared for the league, couple of extra bodies would be nice.

2 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

We were the architects of our own downfall yesterday, commendable that we tried to play football, but we got the balance wrong and gave it away slackly too often in situations where it should've just been booted clear. Whatley and Robson in particular struggled, and Brindley was badly exposed throughout. St Mirren are obviously a huge step up in quality than the teams we've faced and took advantage.

We did do a lot better in the 2nd half, albeit they still looked a threat on the break and were in 2nd gear, they could've added to their tally but for McCallum, we were unlucky not to score too, especially Allan's header off the bar. I'd like to credit Josh Skelly, got very little service but continued to chase what he could and got us up the pitch many times through his tenacity. Paterson also looked good when he came on.

Slight disappointment to not get through, but ultimately we've done well against teams from leagues above us and I'd say are well prepared for the league, couple of extra bodies would be nice.

I think the way we've set up so far this season will work well in the league, everyone we've played up until yesterday allowed us the chance to break on the counter which we've done well, unfortunately against a premiership side you're hardly if ever going to get that chance.

Agreed when we changed the shape we looked more in it. Yesterday was a free hit & Ray missed that opportunity.

Now that the league cups over & done with. Got through it without any injuries & got some decent performances to go along with it, it’s time to look ahead to the proper fitba.

It’ll be interesting to see how Ray sets us up for the league, We played 4 at the back against Cowdenbeath and 5 at the back the other 3 games. So interesting to see if he’s gonna stick with the 5 against teams in the league.

I think personally we’re still 3 or 4 players short of what we need to actually put a proper stamp down as being title chasers. We have a very good 11 but I’m not too convinced the bench has enough quality to help or support when we do have injuries.

the positions I feel we need to strengthen in (which will probably be loan deals) are 

Either sided Full Back - Nditi is prone to picking up a suspension through the totting up system. Brindley is hit & miss, needs more competition for his place. 

Left Winger & Right Winger - Thommo is fantastic but lacks in the final third, always seems to take the wrong option but should always be starting for me. Watson’s not good enough in my opinion, he’s too lightweight & gets easily bullied off the ball. Ross just isn’t a winger for me, he seems to struggle & rarely beats his man when on the wings.

Striker -We need a subby striker to support Skelly. Skelly’s gonna run out of steam playing constantly every week, every game  he’s been involved in he’s been subbed off & the replacement hasn’t done anywhere near as much work as Skelly has. If we can get a similar  player with the same work rate that would be perfect. 

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Now that the league cups over & done with. Got through it without any injuries & got some decent performances to go along with it, it’s time to look ahead to the proper fitba.

It’ll be interesting to see how Ray sets us up for the league, We played 4 at the back against Cowdenbeath and 5 at the back the other 3 games. So interesting to see if he’s gonna stick with the 5 against teams in the league.

I think personally we’re still 3 or 4 players short of what we need to actually put a proper stamp down as being title chasers. We have a very good 11 but I’m not too convinced the bench has enough quality to help or support when we do have injuries.

the positions I feel we need to strengthen in (which will probably be loan deals) are 

Either sided Full Back - Nditi is prone to picking up a suspension through the totting up system. Brindley is hit & miss, needs more competition for his place. 

Left Winger & Right Winger - Thommo is fantastic but lacks in the final third, always seems to take the wrong option but should always be starting for me. Watson’s not good enough in my opinion, he’s too lightweight & gets easily bullied off the ball. Ross just isn’t a winger for me, he seems to struggle & rarely beats his man when on the wings.

Striker -We need a subby striker to support Skelly. Skelly’s gonna run out of steam playing constantly every week, every game  he’s been involved in he’s been subbed off & the replacement hasn’t done anywhere near as much work as Skelly has. If we can get a similar  player with the same work rate that would be perfect. 

Think Moore will be the starting lb from now on so probs just need someone who can cover on the right in that regards