Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

The only main highlight from the ref was giving us absolutely nothing for what happened to Seb

Slowest ref I've seen in a long time, the incident when they tried to throw someone on in the last minute when we had a free kick on the edge of the box was embarrassing, the boy didn't even have his kit ready and the ref stops the game for it then has the cheek to book their assistant manager for it.

Just absolutely baffles me how Thomson isn’t starting in this team. He’s far better than Watson & Ross. Maybe it’s cause we’ve got literally nothing else on the bench to change the game.

Watson is absolutely hopeless, we seen enough of him last season to show he wasn’t capable, yet gets given a contract. Baffling.

Robson in the middle of the park does absolutely nothing every single week, the game just passes him by. He’d been as well standing beside me in the ground.

No striker option when Skelly is unavailable is absolutely ludicrous, we all knew we needed at least two strikers available. Surely our first loan signing must be a striker. 

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Just absolutely baffles me how Thomson isn’t starting in this team. He’s far better than Watson & Ross. Maybe it’s cause we’ve got literally nothing else on the bench to change the game.

Watson is absolutely hopeless, we seen enough of him last season to show he wasn’t capable, yet gets given a contract. Baffling.

Robson in the middle of the park does absolutely nothing every single week, the game just passes him by. He’d been as well standing beside me in the ground.

No striker option is absolutely ludicrous, we all knew we needed at least two strikers available. Surely our first loan signing must be a striker. 

Careful, this thread doesn't like well put together post that have a hint of criticism.

Just now, theSilverFox said:

Sounds like TheClosingArguement was chief boo boy 🤔

Halftime booing was embarrassing but at full time plenty of it was directed at the ref

I absolute was. Same toothless nonsense in the league that we ended last season with.

League cup is a free hit, results are meaningless.

1 minute ago, TheClosingArguement said:

I absolute was. Same toothless nonsense in the league that we ended last season with.

Booing the second game of the season is just pathetic 

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

Booing the second game of the season is just pathetic 

Pish. This wacky notion we forget about a manager/teams shortcomings just because the season changes is farcical.

We had 1 genuine striker, he got hurt, now we have none. Absolutely Raymonds fault.

Your twitter posts over the years have been beyond pathetic, so weesht.

1 minute ago, theSilverFox said:

Sounds like TheClosingArguement was chief boo boy 🤔

Halftime booing was embarrassing but at full time plenty of it was directed at the ref

Theres been too much booing at full time during this calendar year to assume it's the ref every time unfortunately, I stand almost in the middle of it and I know for a fact it's a mix of the couple of arseholes and sadly sometimes older guys who are going through the motions of the same routine mentally every game.

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Theres been too much booing at full time during this calendar year to assume it's the ref every time unfortunately, I stand almost in the middle of it and I know for a fact it's a mix of the couple of arseholes and sadly sometimes older guys who are going through the motions of the same routine mentally every game.

Come say hello against Bonnyrigg.

17 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Absolutely embarrassing booing if we aren’t  at least 3-0 down 😂

Whats the point in going to games if you aren’t going to back the squad we’ve got?

31 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Slowest ref I've seen in a long time, the incident when they tried to throw someone on in the last minute when we had a free kick on the edge of the box was embarrassing, the boy didn't even have his kit ready and the ref stops the game for it then has the cheek to book their assistant manager for it.

Not sure he did anything wrong. Waste time, get booked. What should he have done?

10 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Absolutely embarrassing booing if we aren’t  at least 3-0 down 😂

Whats the point in going to games if you aren’t going to back the squad we’ve got?

You'd think he was at the west end game today where they got scudded 0-6.

2 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

You'd think he was at the west end game today where they got scudded 0-6.

Too far bringing west end into this, they've harmed no-one.

13 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Not sure he did anything wrong. Waste time, get booked. What should he have done?

My point was that the ref wasted his own time and was the one letting it happen. he shouldn't of stopped the game for it at all if the team isn't actually ready for the sub, pointed for a sub based off one shout from Elgin and didn't even make sure it was ready to happen. It's his job not to fall for that gamesmanship ultimately especially when there's no 4th official.

Edited by ScottishLoon

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

My point was that the ref wasted his own time and was the one letting it happen. he shouldn't of stopped the game for it at all if the team isn't actually ready for the sub, pointed for a sub based off one shout from Elgin and didn't even make sure it was ready to happen. It's his job not to fall for that gamesmanship ultimately when there's no 4th official.

To be fair to Elgin they absolutely played the referee like a fiddle in that 2nd half. 

Seems to be the general standard of official we'll get in league 2 now.

Certainly expect at least a signing or two in the door this week. Even if it is just a couple of loan players.

This formation just doesn’t work either. We literally looked like we were playing a back 7 most of that game today. At home against relegation favourites. MENTAL.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

The people that get on the players back barely ever support the team in a positive way. It’s like they live for the Saturday afternoon to shout pish at a footballer to make up for the shortcomings in their own lives 

32 minutes ago, C_titz said:

The people that get on the players back barely ever support the team in a positive way. It’s like they live for the Saturday afternoon to shout pish at a footballer to make up for the shortcomings in their own lives 

Without opening that can of worms too much that's always been part and parcel of football unfortunately, it's just more obvious in smaller crowds where you can make it out easier.

The difference in atmosphere between these last two home games (Arbroath and now Elgin) has been particularly eye opening However.

14 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

My point was that the ref wasted his own time and was the one letting it happen. he shouldn't of stopped the game for it at all if the team isn't actually ready for the sub, pointed for a sub based off one shout from Elgin and didn't even make sure it was ready to happen. It's his job not to fall for that gamesmanship ultimately especially when there's no 4th official.

That's not how I would describe it, though. The Elgin AM was shouting at the stand side asst ref to bring on a sub. He contacted the ref, who was as far away from this as was possible, but the procedure to sub is followed. Seemed the 'wrong sub' was waiting as Ross Draper wanted the No. 5 on. Ref reckoned Elgin AM was time wasting, so rightly booked him. Anyway, that's beside the point as we should have comfortably won that game.

13 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

To be fair to Elgin they absolutely played the referee like a fiddle in that 2nd half. 

Seems to be the general standard of official we'll get in league 2 now.

Falkirk levels of ' why does it always rain on me' here.