Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

First half was more of the chronic nonsense we’ve seen this season. Start with 3 strikers but only play one of them up top? Mental.

second half much improved. Still nowhere near good enough as mentioned.

Darren Whyte man of the match for me, came on at half time & absolutely bossed it. 
Rory Macleod was decent, nice & direct. But should never be played on the wing. 

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

First half was more of the chronic nonsense we’ve seen this season. Start with 3 strikers but only play one of them up top? Mental.

McKinnon appears to be genuinely clueless about how to play a game in the first half. His changes at half time were spot on and got us a deserved point we at no point looked like getting in the first half. Patterson and Whyte need to be starting next week, you need to reward good play and not pick players because they are favourites of the manager.

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

second half much improved. Still nowhere near good enough as mentioned.

Darren Whyte man of the match for me, came on at half time & absolutely bossed it. 
Rory Macleod was decent, nice & direct. But should never be played on the wing. 

He came on and broke up the play well but it became obvious that he should of been playing LB today like he's done plenty of times before. 

Moore was desperately needed in the midfield, think we learned that he can't play in a back four.

9 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

He came on and broke up the play well but it became obvious that he should of been playing LB today like he's done plenty of times before. 

Moore was desperately needed in the midfield, think we learned that he can't play in a back four.

Think we were consistently outnumbered on the wings, especially in the first half. Was always left 2 on 1 which didn’t help him

Just now, lwh said:

Think we were consistently outnumbered on the wings, especially in the first half. Was always left 2 on 1 which didn’t help him

Brindley was out doing sprints so probably isn’t too far away

8 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

After the way Whyte played after coming on, why on earth would you want him stuck at left back?

We've seen Moore in the middle of the park over the years, he's never looked up to it to me. Still waiting on Inglis doing something/anything.

Why does anyone continue to moan about the officials? We know they're bad, they're all bad. The standard is horrendous.

But they're not the reason we aren't winning games, we can't win because the players are instructed to play the most chronic football some have ever seen.

18 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

it became obvious that he should of been playing LB today like he's done plenty of times before. 

Surely you’re on the wind up there? Why would you want Whyte to go and play somewhere he’s played maybe five times in his six years at the club? Especially since his best position is central?

The biggest problem going forward continues to be the lack of width, for all our fight in the second half it won't go too far if we persist with no option on the wings and having boys getting in each others way in the middle of the pitch.

Either the full backs push right up which is probably too risky right now or we start having a least one of the wingers staying wide and not marking themselves out the game. for example Paterson came on and looked really dangerous but if he comes inside the pitch someone has to go out on his wing for the width

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Surely you’re on the wind up there? Why would you want Whyte to go and play somewhere he’s played maybe five times in his six years at the club? Especially since his best position is central?

I'm not saying that he should be a LB permanently I'm fully aware that his best position is CB but when we don't have a fit full back available he should definitely be the one playing there.

You also realise Callum Moore has played full back fewer times than whyte has and today it showed when Whyte was having to cover Moore at LB before Moore was pushed into midfield.

4 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'm not saying that he should be a LB permanently I'm fully aware that his best position is CB but when we don't have a fit full back available he should definitely be the one playing there.

You also realise Callum Moore has played full back fewer times than whyte has and today it showed when Whyte was having to cover Moore at LB before Moore was pushed into midfield.

Covering defenders tends to be the role of a defensive midfielder...

12 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

He absolutely should not be the one playing there.

The front 3 that started the 2nd half need to start next week (Skelly, Paterson & McLeod) the first 25mins of 2nd half is the best attacking display this season.

I’d actually like to see Paterson in a 10 role supplying the strikers, he always looks to get on the ball and always goes forward, exactly what this team needs. Struggling to see why he’s not featured as much.

Whyte was brilliant when he came on also and Smokie going into the middle made a difference too.

Draw probably a fair result in the end, Spartans better first half and us better in the 2nd.

Promising signs for me in the 2nd half and hopefully a sign of things to come. 

4 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

The front 3 that started the 2nd half need to start next week (Skelly, Paterson & McLeod) the first 25mins of 2nd half is the best attacking display this season.

I’d actually like to see Paterson in a 10 role supplying the strikers, he always looks to get on the ball and always goes forward, exactly what this team needs. Struggling to see why he’s not featured as much.

Whyte was brilliant when he came on also and Smokie going into the middle made a difference too.

Draw probably a fair result in the end, Spartans better first half and us better in the 2nd.

Promising signs for me in the 2nd half and hopefully a sign of things to come. 

There are promising signs but McKinnon can’t (or certainly shouldn’t) survive a whole quarter without a win. Got to start picking up points and fast

Now that Whyte looks back up to speed he should be just about the first name on the teamsheet (not at left back).He's always been a class act for us. He never put a foot wrong today and it wasn't just breaking up play. Whatley was also good second half buzzing about the park, not worrying about protecting the back four.

McKinnon has to settle on a formation and line up, he's all over the place at the minute. Total fustercluck.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz