Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

18 months for Rusty has blown my mind. I was sure he would just be at the game last week as it was local to him so I am utterly astounded he's been tied up for 18 months at a senior club.

The mildly amusing thing being he is probably better than Jobber Skelly.

12 minutes ago, Neilly said:

18 months for Rusty has blown my mind. I was sure he would just be at the game last week as it was local to him so I am utterly astounded he's been tied up for 18 months at a senior club.

I'll never forgive you for making me think it was all a figment of my imagination.

I don't think that Russell McLean will be a good signing for Forfar Athletic, especially with the team scratching around towards the bottom of the table. He has proven himself to be a useful player in the past, particularly at Montrose and Peterhead, like a triplicate version of Chris Templeman, perhaps, but he often appears sullen and uninterested and I don't think he has the stomach for the fight. There are numerous stories about his attitude and application and I think he might bring the mood down at Station Park even further. I think he might have spent too much time in the gym and he just looks too big to be playing football to a good standard in his current shape.

I saw him introduced for Dumbarton last season as a late substitute in Stenhousemuir's 2-1 win at the Rock and his performance was rotten. Whenever an aerial ball came his way, he was pushed aside easily, and when it was played into his feet, his touch took it five yards away from him.

Nevertheless, McLean might do you a good turn. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I don't think that Russell McLean will be a good signing for Forfar Athletic, especially with the team scratching around towards the bottom of the table. He has proven himself to be a useful player in the past, particularly at Montrose and Peterhead, like a triplicate version of Chris Templeman, perhaps, but he often appears sullen and uninterested and I don't think he has the stomach for the fight. There are numerous stories about his attitude and application and I think he might bring the mood down at Station Park even further. I think he might have spent too much time in the gym and he just looks too big to be playing football to a good standard in his current shape.

I saw him introduced for Dumbarton last season as a late substitute in Stenhousemuir's 2-1 win at the Rock and his performance was rotten. Whenever an aerial ball came his way, he was pushed aside easily, and when it was played into his feet, his touch took it five yards away from him.

Nevertheless, McLean might do you a good turn. Who knows.

My only hope being he can’t give us any less goal threat than we already have , which is 0

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

He was probably just there cause he was local but himself or McKinnon must’ve approached one another is what I think would’ve happened.

5 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Have the club removed the Facebook post announcing Tyler Mykyta? Can't see it anymore.

There was a couple of 'not very nice' comments on it, would they remove it for that?

The Stasi had thicker skin.

4 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

You're all for taking a dig at folk for expectations but never have any suggestions yourself?

Just picked up on this, surely the person being the most critical should be the one naming alternatives? 

If the signings are so horrific you must have a shortlist of the other options to compare to.