Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

10 hours ago, farfirloon said:

Full time score and even Ray's son got a run about!! Don't let Saturday past fool you all👍🏻

Regardless if it's a bounce game or not, we should not be getting beat from a Junior side.

Ray McKinnon's son was playing for Forfar? I didn't even know he had a son who played football? Who does he currently play for?

21 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Regardless if it's a bounce game or not, we should not be getting beat from a Junior side.

Ray McKinnon's son was playing for Forfar? I didn't even know he had a son who played football? Who does he currently play for?

I agree we should be strong enough to beat a junior side regardless of it being a bounce game or not.

Yes he was playing for Forfar, i dont know how long he got and not sure what level he has been playing more recently, if any, but Lewis Toshney signed him for Downfield in 2021 and can't seem to find anymore about him from anyone.........

There's more I've heard from last night that I don't even want to share, sounds like boys club stuff at times and even that is an insult to grassroots level!

Ray had a proper session last week before the Hibs game (talking the players through the plan for Saturday and trying to work on shape etc) and it's the only time he has worked on anything like this! It looks to me like he knew the exposure of the match and didn't want to ruin the reputation he thinks he has! 

21 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

I agree we should be strong enough to beat a junior side regardless of it being a bounce game or not.

Yes he was playing for Forfar, i dont know how long he got and not sure what level he has been playing more recently, if any, but Lewis Toshney signed him for Downfield in 2021 and can't seem to find anymore about him from anyone.........

There's more I've heard from last night that I don't even want to share, sounds like boys club stuff at times and even that is an insult to grassroots level!

Ray had a proper session last week before the Hibs game (talking the players through the plan for Saturday and trying to work on shape etc) and it's the only time he has worked on anything like this! It looks to me like he knew the exposure of the match and didn't want to ruin the reputation he thinks he has! 

Surely we can't be away to sign him? Why would he be getting game time though, we have about 22 players in just now I think.

I've just spoke to a friend who is involved at Dundee North End, and it sounds like it was pretty one sided affair. 

Christ you boys really do put value on friendlies, it's really strange. It means absolutely nothing. We've been beaten by non league opposition in bounce games throughout the season and we are currently the best team in the world.

Clearly haven't learned from winning the League Cup pre-season lads.

5 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Surely we can't be away to sign him? Why would he be getting game time though, we have about 22 players in just now I think.

I've just spoke to a friend who is involved at Dundee North End, and it sounds like it was pretty one sided affair. 

I doubt we will be signing him, probably daddy giving his son some minutes for his comeback to the game.

Yeah that's what I heard and plenty of instruction coming from the North End bench and nothing from ours. All new signings played also were seemingly terrible.

12 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Christ you boys really do put value on friendlies, it's really strange. It means absolutely nothing. We've been beaten by non league opposition in bounce games throughout the season and we are currently the best team in the world.

Clearly haven't learned from winning the League Cup pre-season lads.

It is nothing to do with getting beaten by lesser opposition, I am well aware these things can happen. It is more to do with the fact on how poorly managed we are, the players warmed themselves up last night, Ray's son gets a game, could go on and on!

Best team in the world and league cup winners has never came out of my mouth mate, I am well aware of the decline from the tail end of last season to now 

12 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

We're not really getting all worked up about a wee kick-about wind down training session, are we? 

Nah not at all mate, if we end up in the Highland League next season then some of these kick-about wind down training sessions will be more challenging than some of the league matches we will play.

More worked up at everything else I have heard regarding last night if I am honest, the score isn't surprising in the least

We've played numerous games against Midlands league sides midweek this season & all I'm taking from it is that they've done literally no good.

Players were outstanding last Saturday, but that says more about their attitude than their commitment, same for Raymond. They showed up for the big game & maybe apart from a couple, the rest of the squad have been woeful & obviously uninterested all season.

The drivel the club posted on social media about the players and management giving it their all is nonsense, if they were, it wouldn't need to be regurgated on FB.

20 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

The drivel the club posted on social media about the players and management giving it their all is nonsense, if they were, it wouldn't need to be regurgated on FB.

Aye the social media posts are trying to blow smoke over the actual problems within the club. They don't tell us the truth about how on a matchday Ray is the last member of the playing and management staff to arrive at SP. That alone shows he isn't giving his all. I genuinely think the players want to give their all for the club but they have looked lost in a number of games and clueless as to what they are supposed to be doing, that is on the manager for me. If you fail to prepare, you have to be prepared to fail

5 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Aye the social media posts are trying to blow smoke over the actual problems within the club. They don't tell us the truth about how on a matchday Ray is the last member of the playing and management staff to arrive at SP. That alone shows he isn't giving his all. I genuinely think the players want to give their all for the club but they have looked lost in a number of games and clueless as to what they are supposed to be doing, that is on the manager for me. If you fail to prepare, you have to be prepared to fail

Frankly he's been given the green light to not be arsed. He was able to bolt out the door for another job & when that didn't work out he wanders back up the road like nothing had happened.

The fact AD tried to say McKinnon thought it over & chose forfar is just another example of how they think we're all stupid.

I could understand standing behind him if results/performances were good, but we're rotten, he hasn't improved the club on the park since taking over from Irvine, you could argue we're even going backwards.

22 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Frankly he's been given the green light to not be arsed. He was able to bolt out the door for another job & when that didn't work out he wanders back up the road like nothing had happened.

The fact AD tried to say McKinnon thought it over & chose forfar is just another example of how they think we're all stupid.

I could understand standing behind him if results/performances were good, but we're rotten, he hasn't improved the club on the park since taking over from Irvine, you could argue we're even going backwards.

Aye your spot on with all of that👌🏻 concerning few months ahead

31 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

just another example of how they think we're all stupid.

This is exactly what I always take from the social media posts, it's like they think if they post on social media that everything is ok, then we will believe that and just completely forget about the absolute drivel we've just watched on the pitch.

It's like they think we have as little knowledge about football as they do.

They certainly don't fool me.

You mean you aren't all taken in by words on the Internet from people who want your money? I thought I was the only one 🤣

Instead of golf days next season when we are in the HL, I'm hoping they will just do awareness days with the local CMHT.

Tyler the replacement for Patty by the looks of it.

Spartans away megaphone incident was the game changer I think.........

Who else does everyone think needs to go in the squad?

Edited by farfirloon

14 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Tyler the replacement for Patty by the looks of it.

Spartans away megaphone incident was the game changer I think.........

Who else does everyone think needs to go in the squad?

Has Patty been loaned out?