Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

9 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

A 5-0 pumping on Saturday could be a blessing tbh. Love to see the board perform gymnastics to paper over that crack.

Aye they will be buzzing after their win against Falkirk so could easily be a hiding for us.

and haha it'll be the usual the club is backing the manager nonsense, injuries have went against us blah, blah, blah. 

15 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Totally agree with you regarding loan signings, we get rid of players like Patty and bring in the likes of Tyler.

Gonna take issue with this line. Mykyta put in a very good performance in his one start for the team what on earth does "the likes of Tyler" mean?

7 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Gonna take issue with this line. Mykyta put in a very good performance in his one start for the team what on earth does "the likes of Tyler" mean?

Still can't believe he only got five minutes last week. Mental.

13 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

One performance doesn't make a player and it was against a very poor Elgin side.

We will see how long you put up with his unsuccessful flicks and tricks for

12 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

One performance doesn't make a player and it was against a very poor Elgin side.

We will see how long you put up with his unsuccessful flicks and tricks for

A poor Elgin side that we had failed to score against three games previously?

I'll give the lad as much of a chance as any other player before joining the witchhunt.

2 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

A poor Elgin side that we had failed to score against three games previously?

I'll give the lad as much of a chance as any other player before joining the witchhunt.

Very true but one was a penalty and the other a ball in the box that they didn't defend well at all, boy was yards away from Tyler to allow the cross and two defenders missed the cross. Hardly world class stuff.

Aye go for it, Hope he is a success but he isn't our player at the end of the day and that was my initial gripe with it all. He could be brilliant and will be gone in the summer when the deal is up, I would have rather worked with what we had.... 

59 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Still can't believe he only got five minutes last week. Mental.

I said it on Saturday, there can't be many players who get awarded man of the match one week, then get 5 minutes from the bench the following week.

Welcome to mad world of Mr Mckinnon Tyler, enjoy.

If this Paterson news really is true then it's disgraceful behaviour from ray but let's be honest we've known since the start of the season he's had a bee in his bonnet with patty from minute 1 and the only realistic reason why is because of how off the cuff and amount of freedom he plays with and him not being another premiership academy robot off the conveyer belt.

Ray should remind himself of two things 1. Only reason he got his moment in front of the camera against Hibs was because to begin with we would never have got past Huntly if patty hadn't came on and changed the game 2. Even he would of had to be sacked if it wasn't for pattys part in our first win at Stranraer where he almost single handily won us the game.

Paterson has contributed more in a handful of big moments this season coming from the juniors than almost all of the mediocrity who have come from big clubs and professional backgrounds have combined in the same season.

Edited by ScottishLoon

If these rumours are true then maybe being a midtable HL is too optimistic, maybe it should be Lower Midland Juniors for us. Potentially selling a possible talent like Patty to Lochee when L1 teams may be sniffing around. Lochee are probably going to have a nice profit when an SPFL team try and sign him from them in 12-18 months.

If Daz is to leave that is a shame but work commitments did play a role in the initial loan move to Clyde and that is an understandable reason - even if it's done unceremoniously.

But Patty being sold to a team currently 2 divisions below us when he's been a rare shining light in this dismal season, that's outrageous and I'd be all for the Young Team coming up with a chant sharing their dismay for this.

Also, what "polite reason" will be the official statement from the club, or will it be brushed under the carpet like Blacklock who came and went without some of the fan base even realising?

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

If this Paterson news really is true then it's disgraceful behaviour from ray but let's be honest we've known since the start of the season he's had a bee in his bonnet with patty from minute 1 and the only realistic reason why is because of how off the cuff and amount of freedom he plays with and him not being another premiership academy robot off the conveyer belt.

Ray should remind himself of two things 1. Only reason he got his moment in front of the camera against Hibs was because to begin with we would never have got past Huntly if patty hadn't came on and changed the game 2. Even he would of had to be sacked if it wasn't for pattys part in our first win at Stranraer where he almost single handily won us the game.

Paterson has contributed more in a handful of big moments this season coming from the juniors than almost all of the mediocrity who have come from big clubs and professional backgrounds have combined in the same season.

My exact thoughts on this whole matter, he's probably kept him in a job on more than one occasion this season, and this is how he is repaid.

The boy has probably worked his socks off to get a deal with an SPFL side, and gets treated like this, I know it's football and it's a cut throat business, but we are not Man City, the lad was 6 months into a 2 year deal, he deserved to be treated better than this.

This is leaving a really sour taste for me, and also a few boys I've spken to today.

Players like Patty should be the future our club, players we invest in and reap the rewards on and off the park, someone who cared about the club and wanted to be there. But no, get him out the door at first opportunity and bring in a loan player who doesn't give two f*cks about our club.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

On the back of what was a really good couple of weekends on the pitch, it now feels like its back to needing the manager gone at all cost.

The idea that the board didn't sack him due to not wanting to shell out the compensation was probably valid but now with a decent amount of money made from the cup game surely a poor run of form and the continued vocal discontent will leave the board with no other option and end what's been a self inflicted negativity spiral around the club for the last year.

Manager knows he's not liked and the board know at this point he's not liked.

They need to stop the spineless attitude towards the situation. The only person currently at the club who should be getting punted back to the juniors is the manager.

Edited by ScottishLoon

6 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

On the back of what was a really good couple of weekends on the pitch, it now feels like its back to needing the manager gone at all cost.

The idea that the board didn't sack him due to not wanting to shell out the compensation was probably valid but now with a decent amount of money made from the cup game surely a poor run of form and the continued vocal discontent will leave the board with no other option and end what's been a self inflicted negativity spiral around the club for the last year.

Manager knows he's not liked and the board know at this point he's not liked.

They need to stop the spineless attitude towards the situation. The only person currently at the club who should be getting punted back to the juniors is the manager.

Those without spine tend to find it hard to stop being spineless.

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

Slowly but surely the "local signings" policy is being undone. 

I don't even believe that was the initial policy, I saw it more as Raymond was too fucking lazy to build a proper squad because he thought he'd be long gone by Christmas.

1 minute ago, May Rckinnon said:

I don't even believe that was the initial policy, I saw it more as Raymond was too fucking lazy to build a proper squad because he thought he'd be long gone by Christmas.

Certainly don't think it was his policy.