Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

I don't even believe that was the initial policy, I saw it more as Raymond was too fucking lazy to build a proper squad because he thought he'd be long gone by Christmas.

Fucking should have been!

Patmerson generally came on for short spells, did a few good things (Huntly one of the few examples) started the next round v Tranent and was mince , decent player who probably is back at the correct level for his career atm. Good luck to him.

I don't think Ryan Paterson being a Forfar player ultimately matters that much when it comes to our final league position, he's had some good games, and I'd definitely have given him more opportunities, but he's not an obvious out and out star at this level.

However. The manner of this transfer and the rumours surrounding it are worrying. There seems to be no reasonable reason (available to us) to suggest why he's got the cold shoulder and it suggests there are bigger problems behind the scenes. Can the players have any faith in Ray after he flashed his knickers at Forest Green?

I do think the board have the right intentions, but this spin doctoring is embarrassing. The preview today talked about our good form, think I missed that.

Has anybody had anything from the board when they've contacted them? When there was discussion about the B teams joining the league this summer I sent them a huge essay detailing my thoughts on it and why I didn't want the club to vote in favour. I didn't even get an acknowledgement 

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Patmerson generally came on for short spells, did a few good things (Huntly one of the few examples) started the next round v Tranent and was mince , decent player who probably is back at the correct level for his career atm. Good luck to him.

I think he is more exciting than the majority of players. Any time he came on we were chasing the game and playing long balls up the park to players that are all under 6ft. Sure Rusty will save us tomorrow from 1 down like the other week.......🤣🤣

Edited by farfirloon

22 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I don't think Ryan Paterson being a Forfar player ultimately matters that much when it comes to our final league position, he's had some good games, and I'd definitely have given him more opportunities, but he's not an obvious out and out star at this level.

However. The manner of this transfer and the rumours surrounding it are worrying. There seems to be no reasonable reason (available to us) to suggest why he's got the cold shoulder and it suggests there are bigger problems behind the scenes. Can the players have any faith in Ray after he flashed his knickers at Forest Green?

I do think the board have the right intentions, but this spin doctoring is embarrassing. The preview today talked about our good form, think I missed that.

Has anybody had anything from the board when they've contacted them? When there was discussion about the B teams joining the league this summer I sent them a huge essay detailing my thoughts on it and why I didn't want the club to vote in favour. I didn't even get an acknowledgement 

We don't have many, if any, out and out stars at this level in the squad at the moment.

The club has been in decline since Ray returned from his trip down south and the fact the board haven't acted upon that indicates to me that the board don't have the right intentions at all. 

They won't answer to you because your irrelevant in their eyes. The arrogance of the majority of them to the community is nothing but a disgrace. If we ever find ourselves in the Highland League then they will soon realise how much they need the people of the town when the money dries up from elsewhere and by then it may be too late

17 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

I think he is more exciting than the majority of players. Any time he came on we were chasing the game and playing long balls up the park to players that are all under 6ft. Sure Rusty will save us tomorrow from 1 down like the other week.......🤣🤣

But the games he started he made zero impact, reading the posts on here you would think he was the best player in the league! Obviously he could have learned a lot this season but sometimes personalities clash unfortunately, I am sure him and Conner Coupe and Kerr Hay will form a formidable front line for Lochee.

18 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

But the games he started he made zero impact, reading the posts on here you would think he was the best player in the league! Obviously he could have learned a lot this season but sometimes personalities clash unfortunately, I am sure him and Conner Coupe and Kerr Hay will form a formidable front line for Lochee.

tbf, that lochee side over a 36 game season would score more goals in league 2 than we could.

26 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

They will for sure. He started away to stranraer and was the reason we won our first 3 points of the season. We then drew away to east fife away and lost to Peterhead at home where he started both but don't think he showed any less in they games than the other 10 playing. Changed the game against huntly when he came on and the started against stenny at home again, another terrible team performance. The only reason we have won games this season except elgin the other week is because either seb or patty were in our squad.

Lochee does have some team now, might go and see the odd game now. A number of ex forfar players in the squad 

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

If the Old firm* offered this mob £100k, they'd snap their hand off, then upgrade the bar stock in the boardroom.

8 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

tbf, that lochee side over a 36 game season would score more goals in league 2 than we could.

I actually think they would! 😞

Would concede a hell of a lot more, but would almost definitely score more, sadly.