Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Is this a thing? Apart from maybe last weekend & Dumbarton earlier in the season he's been close to flawless during his spell at the club.

Great goalkeeper. Terrible at kicking a ball to teammates, his throw out that kind of led to a counter at the end though was nice, he should maybe just throw it out all of the time🤣

1 minute ago, farfirloon said:

Great goalkeeper. Terrible at kicking a ball to teammates, his throw out that kind of led to a counter at the end though was nice, he should maybe just throw it out all of the time🤣

I've never quite understood those that complain about a keepers kicking at this level.

Sure, if you're Man City it's a problem, but surely the keeper having functioning hands is more important.

5 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

I've never quite understood those that complain about a keepers kicking at this level.

Sure, if you're Man City it's a problem, but surely the keeper having functioning hands is more important.

Yes totally agree, hence why I said he is a great goalkeeper. 

Seen plenty other keepers in the league who can kick a ball.

The team should play to its strengths and playing it back to Marc to boot it isn't one of ours as it usually goes straight back to our opponents or out for a throw in

I was speaking at the match yesterday with my mate about what our recruitment process actually is?

Do we have one?

Do we have a scout?

As far as I’m aware, our last 4 signings, loan or permanent, have all came in for ONE training session before signing.

And after yesterdays performances it’s pretty clear to me, we maybe need to be having a bit of a longer look at these players.

One training session cannot be enough to make a decision on a player at any level in football.

Are we taking the word of the manager who is trying to off-load these players?

Lobban? One training session, then gets a start in front of boys who’ve been there all season or longer, gets hooked at ht, Then literally doesn’t kick a ball again for 3 weeks. That tells me McKinnon has seen enough in 45 minutes to decide he’s not good enough! Maybe another couple of training sessions could have told you that Ray?

McLean, Mykyta, Mohammed all very poor yesterday, all getting deals on the back of one training session.

Who is sourcing these players?

Or are we just taking whatever shite is being offered.

This club is heading to the HL if things don’t change pretty quickly. And it will all be on our board for allowing this to happen. 

Absolutely clueless.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

59 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

As far as I’m aware, our last 4 signings, loan or permanent, have all came in for ONE training session before signing.

Maybe the watching of the player, reports from his club and the like has all been done and the training session is to see if the player and squad is a 'fit'. Dunno, just a thought. It can't be decided on a player just rocking up at a training session, can it? Mind you, if that is the case I might trot along.

16 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Maybe the watching of the player, reports from his club and the like has all been done and the training session is to see if the player and squad is a 'fit'. Dunno, just a thought. It can't be decided on a player just rocking up at a training session, can it? Mind you, if that is the case I might trot along.

I hope so, that is what I am trying to find out, they are genuine questions.

Do we have a scout, does anyone know who he is? 

Don’t think McLean had a club, so the 1 training session must have been enough for him? 

1 hour ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I was speaking at the match yesterday with my mate about what our recruitment process actually is?

Do we have one?

Do we have a scout?

And after yesterdays performances it’s pretty clear to me, we maybe need to be having a bit of a longer look at these players.

One training session cannot be enough to make a decision on a player at any level in football.

Are we taking the word of the manager who is trying to off-load these players?

Lobban? One training session, then gets a start in front of boys who’ve been there all season or longer, gets hooked at ht, Then literally doesn’t kick a ball again for 3 weeks. That tells me McKinnon has seen enough in 45 minutes to decide he’s not good enough! Maybe another couple of training sessions could have told you that Ray?

McLean, Mykyta, Mohammed all very poor yesterday, all getting deals on the back of one training session.

Who is sourcing these players?

Or are we just taking whatever shite is being offered.

This club is heading to the HL if things don’t change pretty quickly. And it will all be on our board for allowing this to happen. 

Absolutely clueless.

Such a silly thing to say mykyta was the best player on the pitch against Elgin but now he's terrible because he had one poor game?

McLean alright his work rate and concentration seems to fluctuate based on every individual situation but he proved against elgin if you give him service he can still score goals.

2 games in to be criticising those two after one being man of the match and the other getting 2 goals, what exactly are you expecting?

I agree on the recruitment but it's the players signed from the bigger clubs that clearly aren't adapting that's the problem.

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Such a silly thing to say mykyta was the best player on the pitch against Elgin but now he's terrible because he had one poor game?

McLean alright his work rate and concentration seems to fluctuate based on every individual situation but he proved against elgin if you give him service he can still score goals.

2 games in to be criticising those two after one being man of the match and the other getting 2 goals, what exactly are you expecting?

I think you’ve picked me up the wrong way, sorry.

I never once said Mykyta was “terrible now” I said he was very poor yesterday, which I stand by, doesn’t mean he’s a terrible player.

McLean scored a tap in and a penalty against the worst team in the league, I’ll wait before a judgement on him, but based on yesterday’s performance, I’m not holding out much hope unfortunately.

What am I expecting? The management/coaching staff to do a bit of homework on the players before they bring them in, is that too much to ask?

Like I say, I’m asking a genuine question, does anyone know the process? I’d like to know what it is.

17 hours ago, farfirloon said:

He hasn't ever looked fit since he was injured early on in the season.

Tyler was stinking today, hiding behind players and offered no width at all. He will be hopeless against a big team like Spartans next week!

3 defensive minded CMs who cannot offer anything attacking which then means it's a punt up the park to McLean (who is usually nowhere near the ball is punted too). Finn is getting a game for nothing at the moment, sick of seeing him flick/toe poke a pass, looks like he needs to go back to boys club to learn the basics of how to play a pass. Embarrassing today

You think Robson would benifit from boys club coaching.....there has been some dreadful suggestions on here but...😂 

Hopefully not Celtic boys club coaches..

48 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Hopefully not Celtic boys club coaches..

Or the oldco bud, Gordon Neely and Harry Dunn.......

You go on about other people's comments and then come away with something as low as that🙈