Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

28 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Or the oldco bud, Gordon Neely and Harry Dunn.......

You go on about other people's comments and then come away with something as low as that🙈

Nothing lower than claiming one of our young players needs boys club coaching.

Old Firm are both Scotlands shame.

20 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

I think some of the current squad could do with working on the basics of football, based on some of the performances, to be honest.

On 28/01/2024 at 12:44, tbsouth said:

It's maybe to do with the way he is being managed,maybe he is potentially going backwards as a player. He is a shadow of the player he was when he signed imo

15 hours ago, farfirloon said:

It's maybe to do with the way he is being managed,maybe he is potentially going backwards as a player. He is a shadow of the player he was when he signed imo

The team was full on confidence back then, now players know every misplaced pass will have the punters hounding them.

The guy has a football brain, certainly not going to write him off atm.

4 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Ah yes, it's all the fans fault.

Whilst I understand the booing and discontent amongst the fans , I really hate the cheering when certain players are replaced or the targeting individuals on the park with abuse . 

it’s hardly going to help them is it , some of the shouts give me a minter. The cheering from the enclosure when McLean was replaced on Saturday , abuse thrown at Munro as soon as he misplaces a pass ( I actually think Munro hasn’t been that bad for the past few weeks ) 

2 hours ago, C_titz said:

Whilst I understand the booing and discontent amongst the fans , I really hate the cheering when certain players are replaced or the targeting individuals on the park with abuse . 

it’s hardly going to help them is it , some of the shouts give me a minter. The cheering from the enclosure when McLean was replaced on Saturday , abuse thrown at Munro as soon as he misplaces a pass ( I actually think Munro hasn’t been that bad for the past few weeks ) 

Yeah tbf to Andy he was brilliant in the Hibs game.

17 hours ago, C_titz said:

Just as well you didn't have to sit in amongst the nuggets at Stenhousemuir, utterly embarrassing stuff.

2 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Just as well you didn't have to sit in amongst the nuggets at Stenhousemuir, utterly embarrassing stuff.

Gave that one a swerve , lost all enthusiasm for it recently 

20 hours ago, C_titz said:

There's a time and place for things, no doubt, and the ire shouldn't be aimed solely at the players. The support has had a toxic element for as long as I can remember, and it's spread from the stand side throughout the ground now. We all know  individuals who target players, certain people  have done it for decades. Encourages others to do it, and eye bleeding football creates the perfect storm.

Still, they'll have a great time travelling to wick and Brora soon enough.

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

Gave that one a swerve , lost all enthusiasm for it recently 

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same, absolutely no enthusiasm just now, I'll continue going to SP as I have my season ticket, but I think that's me done with the away games for just now. It's just not enjoyable to watch in the slightest.

1 minute ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Sadly, I'm starting to feel the same, absolutely no enthusiasm just now, I'll continue going to SP as I have my season ticket, but I think that's me done with the away games for just now. It's just not enjoyable to watch in the slightest.

It's ironic that it was this season that I  was going to try and make the effort to go to away games but unless it's some sort of play off or final day decider unfortunately its just not worth the money for me at present.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

It's ironic that it was this season that I  was going to try and make the effort to go to away games but unless it's some sort of play off or final day decider unfortunately its just not worth the money for me at present.

So that might be the long journey to Brechin in the relegation playoff. 😔

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

I think I’ve only missed 2 games all season, and spent a fortune doing so, for very few happy moments in return. It’s just not enjoyable at the moment and can’t see it changing soon. We have a manager determined to play negative dire football and slowly strangling any positivity the players and fans had.

13 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I think I’ve only missed 2 games all season, and spent a fortune doing so, for very few happy moments in return. It’s just not enjoyable at the moment and can’t see it changing soon. We have a manager determined to play negative dire football and slowly strangling any positivity the players and fans had.

100% agree. I can pretty much only get to home games but even those I am struggling to muster much enthusiasm for. The fare on the park is downright awful and the Schtick from the club is insult to the intelligence of fans that endure it.

Edited by nofixedability

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I've got about as much enthusiasm for going to the match tomorrow as I did for my trip to the dentist for root canal treatment last week.

But, i'll be there.

How do we line up? Skelly back in for McLean?

Probably with our backs against the wall for 90 minutes