Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Now we're in June and contracts have expired, do you think Forfar will be signing anyone soon or just wait until later in the window?

Was hoping we might have announced someone over the weekend but hasn't panned out, feel like whoever the first player in is will set the expectations.

Might be asking for a lot but I'm hoping it's someone who you can look at and think they'll guarantee you at least 7/10 every week, along the lines of Stuart Morrison, Craig slater etc.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Was hoping we might have announced someone over the weekend but hasn't panned out, feel like whoever the first player in is will set the expectations.

Might be asking for a lot but I'm hoping it's someone who you can look at and think they'll guarantee you at least 7/10 every week, along the lines of stuart Morrison, Craig slater etc.

5/10 would be an improvement on some of last years squad.

I notice Stranraer have managed to strike a deal with Mizuno for their kit suppliers.  Why can’t we do the same and get some decent gear from a half decent supplier . We have had the worst suppliers of kits for as long as I can remember 

2 hours ago, C_titz said:

I notice Stranraer have managed to strike a deal with Mizuno for their kit suppliers.  Why can’t we do the same and get some decent gear from a half decent supplier . We have had the worst suppliers of kits for as long as I can remember 

It's ok, they found some random material at the back of the shop last year they had forgotten about and called it "bespoke", so all is forgiven.

16 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Fairy happy with that tbf, looked solid in the games against us and can play a few positions.

He came to us with this versatile tag but I don't think we saw any great evidence of it. When were shafted for a left back more often than not we used Ryan Blair there instead of him and as soon as the January window opened we brought in a central midfielder and a new left back, which shows you that Faz knew then he wasn't cutting it for a team chasing promotion. He is best used in front of the defence winning the ball back, there's not much else to his game. 

27 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

It's a body in the door. But that's unbelievably underwhelming to kick things off. Hardly makes you confident we're going to remedy the inability to score & look moderately attacking.

The guy you don't want to be sat next to at a wedding.

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He came to us with this versatile tag but I don't think we saw any great evidence of it. When were shafted for a left back more often than not we used Ryan Blair there instead of him and as soon as the January window opened we brought in a central midfielder and a new left back, which shows you that Faz knew then he wasn't cutting it for a team chasing promotion. He is best used in front of the defence winning the ball back, there's not much else to his game. 

His number of appearances for you would suggest he was more than a bit part player.

18 minutes ago, loon said:

His number of appearances for you would suggest he was more than a bit part player.

He featured fairly heavily at the start of the season but he was mostly used as cover in the 2nd half of the season. We didn’t have any injuries in his position(s) over the playoffs and he made a couple of late sub appearances in 2 of the 4 games. That gives more of an indication as to his importance to the team when we found a settled 11 with very few injuries. Transfermarkt suggesting he played in 59% of our league minutes last season so hardly the first name on the teamsheet.