Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Still some glaring gaps in this squad.

No genuine Full Backs, no real out-and-out wingers, strike force will be limited. No doubt Robson will sign to make it umpteen central midfielders.

Stinks of a McKinnon half arsed approach. 

Next 4 matches are essentially free hits, so I fully expect us to sit in & lose all four.

Would imagine two more are brought in & the squad is then beefed up with loan diddies once more.

8 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Taylors goal was an OG. Standing behind it you could see it was going wide until No.5 battered it in.

Cannon can't be judged until the league campaign, took his goal well but in all honesty the formartine defenders were AWOL.

Can't be worse than Skelly.

4 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

Lewis Lorimer, ex Dundee who was on loan at St Andrews United last season. Reekie and Lamb were the two that came on.

Do we think Lorimer is a relation of Raymond?

I've been to both friendlies, and I know they are exactly that and we shouldn't read too far into them, but they definitley haven't filled me with much optimism.

Didn't think it was possible, but I think we have a weaker squad starting this season than what we did last year, and can't see anything else but a season long struggle at the bottom end of the league again unfortunately.

The fact Kinglis couldn't get game time the second half of last season, but now seems to be a starter, shows we have a weaker squad.

On 06/07/2024 at 18:59, May Rckinnon said:

Would imagine two more are brought in & the squad is then beefed up with loan diddies once more.

Exactly what I was saying at the weekend, we'll be making up the numbers with a few loanees from Dundee, Utd & Aberdeen that are nowhere near their first team level.

Posted (edited)

Ray in the courier today saying that we've missed out on at least 10 players mostly due to other teams offering more money confirms what we feared.

He also admitted that we're desperate to have more signed before Livingston.

Seemed to be suggested that Robson has intentionally dragged out signing on again to see if he gets another offer which feels a bit strange, maybe ironically despite ray playing him every week Finn doesn't really like playing for him that much?

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

Ray in the courier today saying that we've missed out on at least 10 players mostly due to other teams offering more money confirms what we feared.

I don't believe this for a second btw. Why would we take his word as gospel? the most visibly uninterested manager in 42. 

Much more believable that he's doing the bare minimum & using the ready made excuse.

5 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Seemed to be suggested that Robson has intentionally dragged out signing on again to see if he gets another offer which feels a bit strange, maybe ironically despite ray playing him every week Finn doesn't really like playing for him that much?

Insane that we have played him so much in friendlies while not signed.

14 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Insane that we have played him so much in friendlies while not signed.

Exactly. We know exactly what we are getting from him. If he's possibly going to be leaving, why not get a trialist in and see if he's up to it?