Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Bridie Vision said:

In all seriousness, keeping Stuart Morrison is the "superstar" signing this summer, every other signing will be poor, meh to adequate. 

The fact we're now singing players from levels below that of Patterson & Skelly last season is alarming.

12 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Brechin have signed Brad McKay today, would have been happier with a signing like that, someone with vast experience.

Probably wouldn't want to play for McKinnon.

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly starting to have real concerns now, about the level of player we are signing and the severe lack of improvement on last years squad.

I'm thinking it must be near on impossible to attract anyone outwith a 40mile radius of Forfar, couple that with the fact that if you are an attacking player with a bit of talent, you know you are not going to be allowed to express yourself under McKinnon. It's really not a good recipe for us and can only hope the other teams who were around us last season aren't improving too much.

And it seems we are struggling to attract players that much we are now having to resort to Fallon's connections with St Andrews United.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

16 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Listen we know it's not great but let's hold off on the doom spiralling too much when the league hasn't started yet.

You say that, but it’s not like there’s much to keep the fans thinking positively. 

45 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Listen we know it's not great but let's hold off on the doom spiralling too much when the league hasn't started yet.

Difficult as we clearly have an inferior squad to last season ( which was the pits).

57 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

It's almost as if we're not in the middle of slowly spiralling downwards.

27 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Really scary part is that they've doubled down on McKinnon. Regardless of what happens on the park they've shown he will not be removed.

And that McKinnon appears to have very little in the way of contacts. Where are Forest Green when we really need them?

4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

And that McKinnon appears to have very little in the way of contacts. Where are Forest Green when we really need them?

Saving the planet one soya bean at a time.

9 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

That update said the 6th signing of the summer. Malcolm, MacLean, Taylor, Cannon, Reekie. Am I missing somebody?

Probably Robson but they're waiting till we've all forgotten before just naming him in a squad.

Did you make a few signings in January to help yous get up the league? Can only think of McLean. 

The way things are shaping up, I think yourselves and Bonnyrigg will be bottom 2. 

15 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Did you make a few signings in January to help yous get up the league? Can only think of McLean. 

The way things are shaping up, I think yourselves and Bonnyrigg will be bottom 2. 

Signed McLean , he scored a goal or 2. It was that underwhelming I can’t even remember to be honest