Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

21 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Did you make a few signings in January to help yous get up the league? Can only think of McLean. 

The way things are shaping up, I think yourselves and Bonnyrigg will be bottom 2. 

Would probably add Edinburgh and Stranraer as the teams battling at the bottom as things stand.

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Would probably add Edinburgh and Stranraer as the teams battling at the bottom as things stand.

Yeah would add Edinburgh into the mix, think Stranraer will be ok. 

46 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Did you make a few signings in January to help yous get up the league? Can only think of McLean. 

The way things are shaping up, I think yourselves and Bonnyrigg will be bottom 2. 

We never really went up the league...

We were forever dossing about anywhere from 6th to 9th, a saving grace was that Clyde, Bonnyrigg, Stranraer & Elgin were all about as mince as us.

Cannot see us finishing any higher than 8th & that's me being optimistic.

5 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Robson confirmed…

this is chronic. 

IMG_7643.png

I really don’t get this? I appreciate it probably happens a fair bit, but I just don’t get it, why are we hanging around waiting on a guy to decide if he’s signing for us or not? As soon as a player said to me, I’m waiting to see what offers I get, I’d like to think I’d be telling him to GTF. Different if we were talking about someone who actually has a positive effect on the pitch, but the fact that he’s clearly not had any offers from anyone higher than us says it all.

17 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I really don’t get this? I appreciate it probably happens a fair bit, but I just don’t get it, why are we hanging around waiting on a guy to decide if he’s signing for us or not? As soon as a player said to me, I’m waiting to see what offers I get, I’d like to think I’d be telling him to GTF. Different if we were talking about someone who actually has a positive effect on the pitch, but the fact that he’s clearly not had any offers from anyone higher than us says it all.

You do realise the club tried to pitch to the support that Raymond chose to stay at forfar last summer?

None of this surprises me.

7 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

No width, no creativity in that squad. No doubt that will be supplied by jobbers on loan that will never amount to anything, could be a season for the ages.

I've forgotten what creativity is.

2 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

The social media graphics are the only creative things in the club 😆

I don’t know, the lengths some people (mainly on Facebook) will go to praise the club on everything and defend them against any negativity seems quite creative to me.

41 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

I don’t know, the lengths some people (mainly on Facebook) will go to praise the club on everything and defend them against any negativity seems quite creative to me.

Can any of them play number 10?

Well, there's nothing that's happened on or off the field so far to suggest anything other than a repeat of last season's turgid football. Can't say I'm the least bit excited about this season. Usually there's a wee bit of excitement looking forward to what's ahead. Currently for me it's a day out in Stirling at Europa records, a couple of pints, then a Binos pie (or two). Still, you never know.*

*Aye, we do.

I want to be positive about the season, I really do. 

Right now, positive is 6th, hitting the 40 point mark in March.

To achieve this, in my opinion, there will have to be some stellar loan signings. 

Winning a home league game before the clocks go back would be nice.