Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

7 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Genuinely never thought I'd ever consider this but I genuinely would rather we lose the next couple games even worse than last Saturday if it means it's enough to get him gone.

It's getting to the point now where if any player tries to still speak about how they enjoy playing for him, you have to seriously question the professionalism and attitude for a footballer that enjoys playing shite turgid hit and hope football while getting beat almost every week, especially when more and more supporters are vocalising to them how shite it is to watch.

I feel like in the 16 or so years I've been going to games pre McKinnon I would think there was maybe only a handful of times I can remember the team being booed off the pitch, then in the last year its felt like its happened almost every other game, speaks volumes about how the general mood at station park has declined in that time.

We have to lose the battle on Saturday to win the war. Losing whilst attempting to win is forgiveable, McKinnon-ball is not.

7 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Genuinely never thought I'd ever consider this but I genuinely would rather we lose the next couple games even worse than last Saturday if it means it's enough to get him gone.

It's getting to the point now where if any player tries to still speak about how they enjoy playing for him, you have to seriously question the professionalism and attitude for a footballer that enjoys playing shite turgid hit and hope football while getting beat almost every week, especially when more and more supporters are vocalising to them how shite it is to watch.

I feel like in the 16 or so years I've been going to games pre McKinnon I would think there was maybe only a handful of times I can remember the team being booed off the pitch, then in the last year its felt like its happened almost every other game, speaks volumes about how the general mood at station park has declined in that time.

People are starting to not turn up for games, and I mean people that are regulars. And that is absolutely related to the terrible fare that is being served up on a weekly basis.

4 hours ago, nofixedability said:

People are starting to not turn up for games, and I mean people that are regulars. And that is absolutely related to the terrible fare that is being served up on a weekly basis.

There used to be me and 3 mates who went regularly, 3 of us never missed a home match, 2 of us never missed an away match.

I've not been to an away match this season, and won't until he's gone.

And I will be going to the Elgin game alone on saturday, If that doesn't tell the board all they need to know, then I don't know what will.

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I agree sadly, if it means he gets the boot then I'll take a couple of defeats.

There can't be any players defending him surely?

2 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

There used to be me and 3 mates who went regularly, 3 of us never missed a home match, 2 of us never missed an away match.

I've not been to an away match this season, and won't until he's gone.

And I will be going to the Elgin game alone on saturday, If that doesn't tell the board all they need to know, then I don't know what will.

Same with me, last fan standing from my group that went to games.

Board don't care, the clique of sycophants and happy clappers keep them thinking everything is rosy as the results and performances get worse and worse...

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Same with me, last fan standing from my group that went to games.

Board don't care, the clique of sycophants and happy clappers keep them thinking everything is rosy as the results and performances get worse and worse...

Sleepwalking their way through various boardroom hospitality as 9 other chairmen pray their ignorance is terminal.

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

See the loan flop looks set to be signing for premier league side now.

IMG_8468.png

Yet another success story for a failed Forfar loan, mind you he was an attacker in a Ray side, he was always going to struggle to make an impression. 

10 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Proof that some managers have integrity.

He can actually admit it's just not working out for anyone involved and move on, someone show this to ray.

Screenshot_20240901-141924.png

Agnew was a fine player & props to him for realising it's not working.

Ray will never walk away, unless its to another club for more money.

On 30/08/2024 at 21:45, Bridie Vision said:

Yet another success story for a failed Forfar loan, mind you he was an attacker in a Ray side, he was always going to struggle to make an impression. 

Just goes to show McKinnon wouldn't know a good player if it him in the face. he was far too attacking and off the cuff for Ray, not a sideways passing robot.

Probably the reason we are not getting players from Dundee or United this season, I would imagine these loan players go back and tell their clubs/managers exactly what is happening at Forfar and the fact they spend 80% of their time sitting on the bench watching absolute dire football. Both the Dundee clubs have probably seen sense and not going to loan us young players while he is there. So we have moved on to St Johnstone for the meantime until they find out Ray also.

We are nosediving our way to the Highland League right now and something needs to change to halt that.

1 hour ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Just goes to show McKinnon wouldn't know a good player if it him in the face. he was far too attacking and off the cuff for Ray, not a sideways passing robot.

Probably the reason we are not getting players from Dundee or United this season, I would imagine these loan players go back and tell their clubs/managers exactly what is happening at Forfar and the fact they spend 80% of their time sitting on the bench watching absolute dire football. Both the Dundee clubs have probably seen sense and not going to loan us young players while he is there. So we have moved on to St Johnstone for the meantime until they find out Ray also.

We are nosediving our way to the Highland League right now and something needs to change to halt that.

Craig Levein will love Ray's style I reckon 🤣

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

To be fair, MacLeod also had an attitude problem which is what allegedly cost him at Forfar and United.

We've signed another striker! We have 5 strikers now (all with combined total of 1 goal)? Yet we have 0 fullbacks and 2 wingers, one who has been hopeless and one who has been at LB because we have no fullbacks!

I guess it suits Ray's philosophy of sit super, super deep and launch balls up park in the hope it might reach whichever striker decides to start.

Poor Rayan, he's been sent back to Forfar to sit on the bench again.