Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

22 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I'm actually relieved now when we don't have a home game for a few weeks, I'm very close to not going to a game at all and i can't believe I'd ever say that.

Exactly where I am too, unfortunately.

No longer attending away games, didn't buy a season ticket, but still attending home games for no other reason than pure blind love for my club.

And my fear is, as soon as I stop going, I'll find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon and will never return.

But, I just don't know how much longer I can justify paying money to go and watch that, it just isn't enjoyable anymore sadly.

I keep singling him out, but why is Skelly still getting game time? It's actually getting embarrassing.

16 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I keep singling him out, but why is Skelly still getting game time? It's actually getting embarrassing.

Skelly works harder than Rusty and seems to be a much nicer guy than Rusty, but once again he was one-on-one twice and booted it high and wide again. His confidence is shot and he is just hopeless. 

Rusty can finish when he can be arsed to so. When he came on he was just stood there and three times put his hands up to say he was offside so wasn't going to chase.

45 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Skelly works harder than Rusty and seems to be a much nicer guy than Rusty, but once again he was one-on-one twice and booted it high and wide again. His confidence is shot and he is just hopeless. 

Rusty can finish when he can be arsed to so. When he came on he was just stood there and three times put his hands up to say he was offside so wasn't going to chase.

Ross McLean's contribution to the match was just as bad. Could've played in Rayan for a chance to bury the game, instead stops, loses the ball then fouls his opponent. Another useless signing.

Allan, Morrison, McCallum & Hutchison are all good players for this level, not really sure you can say the same for anyone else in the squad. (Cannon can get a mention for his effort)

As for Josh, can't fault his willingness to commit himself but this isn't his level, that blame should fall on McKinnon & those who allowed the transfer to happen. 

As bad as the managerial appointments have been in the last 5 years, recruitment hasn't been any better. Top to bottom the wheels are falling off.

10 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Ross McLean's contribution to the match was just as bad. Could've played in Rayan for a chance to bury the game, instead stops, loses the ball then fouls his opponent. Another useless signing.

Allan, Morrison, McCallum & Hutchison are all good players for this level, not really sure you can say the same for anyone else in the squad. (Cannon can get a mention for his effort)

As for Josh, can't fault his willingness to commit himself but this isn't his level, that blame should fall on McKinnon & those who allowed the transfer to happen. 

As bad as the managerial appointments have been in the last 5 years, recruitment hasn't been any better. Top to bottom the wheels are falling off.

I agree Chucky has been woeful, but he's McKinnon's mate (4th club Ray has signed him at). Bradley hasn't done much yet but looks better than Ross. Also, Cocks deserves more game time but he's probably too attacking for Ray.

Cannon is probably our best new signing so far which is saying something considering he came from like the 9th tier?!

48 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I agree Chucky has been woeful, but he's McKinnon's mate (4th club Ray has signed him at). Bradley hasn't done much yet but looks better than Ross. Also, Cocks deserves more game time but he's probably too attacking for Ray.

Cannon is probably our best new signing so far which is saying something considering he came from like the 9th tier?!

We're essentially going to spend all season comparing shites to jobbies. 

I miss Irvine.