Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

After putting a bid in on that shirt (please, no more bidders ta!), I started trying to dig into the archives to answer the question posed above. As well as watching some crackin' old footage (despite the inevitable defeats), I stumbled across one photo that made me think...

Friggin hell, Big Al hasn't changed a bit! Keepin out of the mines has been good for you kid! And as for that jumper (or sweatshirt, as it was probably labelled at the time!)... well, you can tell it's a picture from the early/mid 90s!

Superb photograph.

flashback.jpg.w560h318.jpg

7 minutes ago, Drifter said:

After putting a bid in on that shirt (please, no more bidders ta!), I started trying to dig into the archives to answer the question posed above. As well as watching some crackin' old footage (despite the inevitable defeats), I stumbled across one photo that made me think...

Friggin hell, Big Al hasn't changed a bit! Keepin out of the mines has been good for you kid! And as for that jumper (or sweatshirt, as it was probably labelled at the time!)... well, you can tell it's a picture from the early/mid 90s!

Superb photograph.

flashback.jpg.w560h318.jpg

Jimmy who sold you a 50/50 draw ticket is in the middle of that picture with hair:lol:

20 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Was thinking Neil Irvine for some reason, but McGovern maybe a good shout.

It probably would have been Dave McGovern as Al says Irvine was 4 , Archibald 5, John Wright was 7 and Gus Malone 8 in 1991/2 anyway the following season not so sure.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It probably would have been Dave McGovern as Al says Irvine was 4 , Archibald 5, John Wright was 7 and Gus Malone 8 in 1991/2 anyway the following season not so sure.

Anyone have the old league review books kicking about, did they not have a full list of who played in what position?

1 hour ago, big al said:

I reckon we were

1 buzz lamont

2 watt

3 robertson

4 irvine

5  Archibald 

6 mcgovern

7 wright

8 malone

9 sumo lamont

10 buckley

11 scott

The balance of that team is a thing of beauty. 

McGovern is a good shout but could also be big Shug Douglas.

Edited by silkybeath

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Remember Herd being number 6 in 92/93

Edited by silkybeath

In 91/2 Neil Irvine started at 6 before a spell out with injury he returned at 4, the Colin Scott with 1 game but Dave McGovern was the regular in that number.

In 92/3 Irvine once again started at 6 before moving to Forfar. Shug Douglas was the most regular 6 that season  with Nicky Henderson and Billy Herd also appearing at 6.

3 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

What was the other keepers name we had that season? Just can't for the life of me remember it.

Steve O'Hanlon ex Clyde.

A boy called Craig Robertson also played 2 games early doors as a trialist.

Edited by cowdenbeath