Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Would you say that if you'd been the victim of a crime committed by a junkie? I doubt it.

I have and I am saying that.

Maybe the crimes committed against me wouldn't have happened if we'd chosen a different path to deal with drugs.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

This guy is fucking putrid btw. I know I have used the Heads Gone thread to effectively point and laugh at him, but seriously, what a fucking wretch.

Always good to see a positive contribution to a thread.

Oh, wait.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Have a look at street and arrow, some of their testimonials, no one is beyond saving. Some just take more time.

Will do.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I have and I am saying that.

Maybe the crimes committed against me wouldn't have happened if we'd chosen a different path to deal with drugs.

Would they have happened if the criminal hadn't chosen to be a junkie?

This has nothing to do with how we deal with drugs. We are not responsible. The scum who choose to become junkies are.

Would they have happened if the criminal hadn't chosen to be a junkie?
This has nothing to do with how we deal with drugs. We are not responsible. The scum who choose to become junkies are.

Choose to become junkies? Ok so my wife is a GP, someone comes to her, abused within an inch of their life by a close family member and they are desperate for help to process and deal with the pain they feel, my wife has to say to this 18 year old, sorry there is a 6month waiting list for psychiatry and the person has to wait to even begin the healing process. Is it unfeasible that this person has no other place to turn but to take some drugs to block out that pain? I’m not even a drinker but Heroin users have told me the effect of the drug makes life bearable for them. So i can imagine that people turn to things which become habitual to block out the pain. That then in some cases turns to crime, vicious circle. Because we have the society we live in then we all have a duty to help the weakest and most vulnerable, ie drug users and victims of crime. We can wipe out much of this vulnerability by dealing with drug misuse compassionately, increasing access to alternatives and not writing people off. Can i say that I think criminal behaviour is justified, f**k no, but I can empathise with people who feel there is no alternative.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Choose to become junkies? Ok so my wife is a GP, someone comes to her, abused within an inch of their life by a close family member and they are desperate for help to process and deal with the pain they feel, my wife has to say to this 18 year old, sorry there is a 6month waiting list for psychiatry and the person has to wait to even begin the healing process. Is it unfeasible that this person has no other place to turn but to take some drugs to block out that pain? I’m not even a drinker but Heroin users have told me the effect of the drug makes life bearable for them. So i can imagine that people turn to things which become habitual to block out the pain. That then in some cases turns to crime, vicious circle. Because we have the society we live in then we all have a duty to help the weakest and most vulnerable, ie drug users and victims of crime. We can wipe out much of this vulnerability by dealing with drug misuse compassionately, increasing access to alternatives and not writing people off. Can i say that I think criminal behaviour is justified, f**k no, but I can empathise with people who feel there is no alternative.

People always have choices. Be a decent member of society. Or don't. Make your choice and accept the consequences.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cool go spend 10/15 years getting molested by a family member or being dragged up by a parent who doesnt give a f**k and tell people they’re the problem.

If they commit crimes and/or become a junkie they are the problem.

But they have the choice not to do that.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Rogue independent.

If they commit crimes and/or become independent a junkie they are the problem.
But they have the choice not to do that.

See if we provided a decent standard of social work, parenting classes, immediate access to health care for psychiatric trauma and low levels of poverty in this country, i’d be the first to agree with the above statement.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See if we provided a decent standard of social work, parenting classes, immediate access to health care for psychiatric trauma and low levels of poverty in this country, i’d be the first to agree with the above statement.

I bet you wouldn't. I bet you'd find other reasons to absolve people of responsibility for their actions.