St Bernards FOLD

tynie1874

57 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
2 hours ago, Dinsey said:
I think I covered the top part earlier in the thread mate. Had we had 18 to go on with that wouldn’t have been a problem. The problem was that we then found that of those 18, for the last  2 games we only had 8/9 available and a few of them told me that would be the case for them through the season. Coupled with a couple that signed then leaving for senior sides and one packing in for injury, it left us unable to go on as we couldn’t fulfil fixtures and attempts to get more players in fell on deaf ears. 
My determination In trying to keep this club running almost single handed can never be questioned although I’m sure you’re not meaning us specifically. I’d have loved nothing more than a committee behind me to help keep it going but we were more or less 2 guys running every aspect of the club for 4 years. 

Think part of the problem by the sounds of things is that you, by your own admission, have kept it going single handedly. It's a lot of work for 1 person to take on and as soon as things get hard there is no-one else there to help step in and help out. These teams that have been going 50/60 years all have commitees in place so thatbif someone leaves it's no big deal to get them replaced and have things ticking over as they were.

Definitely mate, myself and my mate started it and kept it going ourselves.

It was always going to be difficult to keep the continuity when I said I’m taking a step back and  but we thought we had cracked it with a new manager in, unfortunately it just wasn’t to be. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Do you think a lot of Edinburgh based teams will lose players to the new east of Scotland league format? 

It’s cost us a couple, I know a few others that have too. 

Most of the top amateur players in Edinburgh play for teams with their mates but Iv found that after a couple seasons of success and the temptation of the new EoS set up, which is very attractive in my opinion, a few are wanting to go back up a level. 

Archived