Its all kicking off in Lewis

https://m.facebook.com/lewisandharrisfa/posts/2085360205037452

Long story short. Lochs FC player batters ref on a Saturday night.

Club says not football related so no action to be taken.

No referees will ref a Lochs game now.

SAFA say they can't do anything as not at a match.

Surely to f**k Lochs FC think hospitalising a ref is bringing the club into disrepute whether it happened on the field or in a bar?

PS I know this should go in amateur forum but who would read it?

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The club are right.  If they don't pay him a salary they have no right to make any demands on his behaviour when he's not in club colours representing the club.  Tbf most refs are arseholes he probably deserved it.

How many refs did you batter in your long playing career?

My mate’s Dad quit refereeing because he’d been attacked a number of times.

To say ‘Tbf most refs are arseholes he probably deserved it’ is fucking stupid.

Weren’t you a footballer once Peps?

14 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The club are right.  If they don't pay him a salary they have no right to make any demands on his behaviour when he's not in club colours representing the club.  Tbf most refs are arseholes he probably deserved it.

But the incident started due to the player having a go about the ref's decisions that season. It's clearly related to football, and specifically what had happened previously with that club.

I don't think they should bin the guy for it, but to take no action whatsoever seems a bit shitty.

1 hour ago, OSP said:

But the incident started due to the player having a go about the ref's decisions that season. It's clearly related to football, and specifically what had happened previously with that club.

I don't think they should bin the guy for it, but to take no action whatsoever seems a bit shitty.

It is a bit but legally they have no right to take any action against the player.

The fact there is no contractual relationship makes it a bit easier for them in that they could just hand him his subs back and say he won't be considered for selection again this season.

It reflects pretty badly on the individual concerned too. If it was me I would take my medicine and say I wasn't playing for the rest of the season.

It seems both player and club know nobody can make them do anything and so have decided they will do nothing and they are in danger of fucking up the whole season for everyone else.

They might be legally correct but morally Lochs would have been best to not select the guy for the rest of the year.

• 1 year later...