Why Am I Not Getting E-mails?

Can anyone tell my why my e-mail isn't working at home and what I can try to fix it?

My internet connection is fine. I'm still on dial up but am doing so without problem and accessing the web.

Up until Monday my e-mail which is through UKOnline and Outlook Express was fine too but suddenly it's stopped working. I can double click Outlook Express to start the programme ok but when I try to "Send/Receive" it just doesn't do anything. Comes up with the usual "connecting to pop3.ukonline.co.uk" message screen but doesn't actually look for it and after 60 seconds I get "Your pop3 server has not responded. Wait or try again?".

I know there's messages to come in because I checked the webmail service. And since my laptop is connected to a different UKOnline account on the same server, I don't think it's a server problem because I picked e-mails up fine on that this afternoon at work.

Help! :unsure:

Can anyone tell my why my e-mail isn't working at home and what I can try to fix it?

My internet connection is fine. I'm still on dial up but am doing so without problem and accessing the web.

Up until Monday my e-mail which is through UKOnline and Outlook Express was fine too but suddenly it's stopped working. I can double click Outlook Express to start the programme ok but when I try to "Send/Receive" it just doesn't do anything. Comes up with the usual "connecting to pop3.ukonline.co.uk" message screen but doesn't actually look for it and after 60 seconds I get "Your pop3 server has not responded. Wait or try again?".

I know there's messages to come in because I checked the webmail service. And since my laptop is connected to a different UKOnline account on the same server, I don't think it's a server problem because I picked e-mails up fine on that this afternoon at work.

Help! :unsure:

728968[/snapback]

check the ukonline site to see if theres a problem with the servers.

failing that it could be user error :P

check the ukonline site to see if theres a problem with the servers.

failing that it could be user error :P

728974[/snapback]

Nothing on their site to see anyway.

I've used the webmail facility to mail the question to their technical support people. Will see if that gets a response.....................

Archived