Game On Saturday

What will be said after the game  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest diamond geezer 296

yes i voted the top 1.

I think we will have a good result today(sat) and we will finissh 2nd in the group.

I have backed berti from day 1 and put up with a lot of sh*t down here from the english. All will come good. We will get to go to portugal and will make the 2nd round for the 1st time

c'mon the scot's

Performance was much improved from the Ireland game. We now MUST take 6 from Lituania and three from Faroes. Thereafter the target has to be 4 from Germany to take 1st place. If we lose both games to the Germans and come 2nd it will have been a disappointing campaign, although it could be improved by winning a playoff.

Guest mabozza ricci

Iain i know exactly where you are coming from, but last night told us something- its going to take at least one campaign to get the players up to scratch, and the fact that only four 'new' internationals have been blooded properly (Wilkie, Ross, Crawford and Thompson) in this campaign suggests that the initial claims that we should forget his one and concentrate on building a side capable of getting to the 2006 World Cup, and hopefully surpass what any Scottish team has done in the past. I do beleive we have the raw talent and certainly no lack of passion among the youngsters at the major clubs in Scotland, but i think while the opponenets in this group are other than Germany actually quite pish, we should look at qualification for 2004 as being ahead of schedule, IF we get there of course, which im afraid when you see the quality if team which could still finish THIRD in some groups is going to be beyond us. For me, its not the points tally that REALLY matters, its getting the victories under our belts as experience.

If we don't start winning soon though we'll end up as a third seed in future qualifying groups, making qualification nigh-on impossible forever more.

Archived