PCMR

XIII

Any other master race gamers here? Ive just got into the world of tinkering and upgrading a old office pc I got for free as my home Theatre pc. Must say for its age the CPU is still decent and coupled with the new GPU im getting decent fps in most gsmes at low to medium at 1080p

Cpu: i7 2600

Ram: 8gig DDR3

Gpu: Gt1030 2gig gddr5

On 29/09/2018 at 01:10, XIII said:

Any other master race gamers here? Ive just got into the world of tinkering and upgrading a old office pc I got for free as my home Theatre pc. Must say for its age the CPU is still decent and coupled with the new GPU im getting decent fps in most gsmes at low to medium at 1080p

Cpu: i7 2600

Ram: 8gig DDR3

Gpu: Gt1030 2gig gddr5

The i7 is still a decent gaming chip. Its what I have but Im also rocking 16Gb RAM and a GTX1060 8)

I see NVIDIA have brought out a new 20xx series. So want!!

41 minutes ago, XIII said:

Yeah the 2600 is rock solid, I want to expand it to 16gig ram but im very happy with the 1030, its cheap and very capable with esports and older titles

Yeah, its fine for now. Bit annoying that you can get an AMD Ryzen 7 for a couple of hundred quid with a benchmark score thats nearly double!

Tempted to look at upgrading but cant decide whether to do Mr X jnrs PC on the cheap or spend a bit more to upgrade mine and give him my old one :lol:

Yeah, its fine for now. Bit annoying that you can get an AMD Ryzen 7 for a couple of hundred quid with a benchmark score thats nearly double!
Tempted to look at upgrading but cant decide whether to do Mr X jnrs PC on the cheap or spend a bit more to upgrade mine and give him my old one [emoji38]
That is a dilemma, could do what I have and pick up a old office oem on the cheap with a 4th gen i5 or i7 and stick in a 1030 or 1050Ti.

Or just treat yourself to a new build. Im waiting until the nvidia 20 series has been in stock for a few month's and im seriously thinking of getting a 1070Ti for my main rig. The i7 in it (6700k) is still decent and the ram is more than adequate (16gb ddr4). I dont think I'll go towards the 2070 but it'll be interesting to see if they do a 2060, and its price comparison to the 1070Ti

3 minutes ago, XIII said:

That is a dilemma, could do what I have and pick up a old office oem on the cheap with a 4th gen i5 or i7 and stick in a 1030 or 1050Ti.

Or just treat yourself to a new build. Im waiting until the nvidia 20 series has been in stock for a few month's and im seriously thinking of getting a 1070Ti for my main rig. The i7 in it (6700k) is still decent and the ram is more than adequate (16gb ddr4). I dont think I'll go towards the 2070 but it'll be interesting to see if they do a 2060, and its price comparison to the 1070Ti

My problem is to upgrade mine I really need a 1080 or one of the new RX 20s - which is £600 minimum. I could build Mr X jnr a much better machine than he has now for half that!

My problem is to upgrade mine I really need a 1080 or one of the new RX 20s - which is £600 minimum. I could build Mr X jnr a much better machine than he has now for half that!
Have a look at 1070Tis around black Friday time, they are just shy of a 1080 performance wise and around $100-200 cheaper over here in Aus.

42 minutes ago, XIII said:
Have a look at 1070Tis around black Friday time, they are just shy of a 1080 performance wise and around $100-200 cheaper over here in Aus.

Yeah, I just don't think I'd get that much of an, increase for something that's going to cost £300 plus

ETA - actually maybe I would. The benchmarks for the 1070i are quite a bit higher than my 1060. Still not sure its worth the kind of money it might cost but definitely something to look out for if the price comes down ... cheers

Archived