Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

47 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Ofcourse the club were right to relieve him of his duties. As you say if this where doms actual employers who pay his wages, he would have removed it & if he didn’t he would have been rightly sacked also. But going back to his post for paddy power, do you disagree with any of the points? 

Yes plenty.

Basically blames Berwick as club for Blair Henderson choosing Edinburgh City. Which job would you go for if there was £100 a week difference in wages?

"Sadly, we’ve had nothing but rain since and the fund is now gone"  Does Dom do the accounts? There is plenty left as the vice-chairman eluded to at the open forum.

"leaving a boardroom full of dinosaurs to run the club"  Totally disagree with this comment.  As reported by Berwick Mad, George Mathieson has provided to the supporters club a strategy for taking the club forward, hardly dinosaur talk. John Bell spoke well at the recent open forum, there was a couple of points arising from that meeting that worries me but its not because the chairman elect is a "dinosaur".

"Whilst it’s blindingly obvious now that Johnny was the wrong man for the job, I felt at the time this was the case"  The biggest load of aftertiming I've seen. There wasn't exactly a list full of shit hot candidates applied and the fact only two were interviewed tells you everything. At that stage Johnny was by far the best candicate and deservedly got the job IMO.

"The first thing Mr Harvey did upon his arrival was send Cedwyn Scott – a striker on loan from Dundee – back to his parent club"   Cedwyn asked to go back and this wasnt the first time he was spoken to for his attitude, the previous manager also had strong words for him. He thought playing for Berwick was like a kick about with his mates. Check his minutes on the pitch since his switch to Forfar. 

9. Ahmed Aloualou - Fails to mention he is actually signed with a championship club in Alloa. Makes it sound like Johnny went along to a school hall and signed him up. FYI, I also think this was a poor signing.

"any style of play whatsoever as the players now seem to have no idea or direction"  There looked to be plenty of direction in our recent match against Peterhead.

"Harvey arrived with a bit of a reputation for arrogance and talking nonsense from former roles. " Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance if you are a football manager, I used to watch all his post match Penicuik videos and don't remember him talking much nonsense.

This may come across as I am sticking up for Johnny, I'm not, I'm simply telling you the facts.  Had a long conversation with JH on Monday as he totally disagreed with some of my comments on other platforms of social media. I told him my honest thoughts and I'll go along on Saturday with my pray mat and support the boys to hopefully win 3 points. Will you be there?

Berwick Rangers is a fantastic football club with a proud history that is having a real shit time right now. Frustration and anger is getting the better of all of us with the pressure of the Lowland League and the uncertainty that would bring. A reminder of some happier times and what a difference fans make getting behind the team. 

berwick-434576942.jpg

Edited by Disc Potato

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:54, A12A1 said:
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:47, Alpha Gordini said:
I think you have to give the 3 points to the opposition. Otherwise you can end up with the following situation:
Imagine that the points tallies are the same as they are now, so Albion are 1 point ahead of us. And imagine that the head to head is this Saturday, and it's the last game of the season. If you don't have the sanction of awarding 3 points to the side that plays by the rules, Albion could deliberately decide to field an ineligible player. So you *have* to give the points to the team that was wronged, otherwise you have a situation that effectively rewards cheating.
The same situation could happen at the top of the table, or in the last play-off place too.

But there are other sanctions available to deal with this. Dock them 5 points? Relegate them, like Rangers a few years ago?

:lol:

33 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Yes plenty.

Basically blames Berwick as club for Blair Henderson choosing Edinburgh City. Which job would you go for if there was £100 a week difference in wages?

"Sadly, we’ve had nothing but rain since and the fund is now gone"  Does Dom do the accounts? There is plenty left as the vice-chairman eluded to at the open forum.

"leaving a boardroom full of dinosaurs to run the club"  Totally disagree with this comment.  As reported by Berwick Mad, George Mathieson has provided to the supporters club a strategy for taking the club forward.

"Whilst it’s blindingly obvious now that Johnny was the wrong man for the job, I felt at the time this was the case"  The biggest load of aftertiming I've seen. There wasn't exactly a list full of shit hot candidates applied and the fact only two were interviewed tells you everything. At that stage Johnny was by far the best candicate and deservedly got the job IMO.

"The first thing Mr Harvey did upon his arrival was send Cedwyn Scott – a striker on loan from Dundee – back to his parent club"   Cedwyn asked to go back and this wasnt the first time he was spoken to for his attitude, the previous manager also had strong words for him. He thought playing for Berwick was like a kick about with his mates. Check his minutes on the pitch since his switch to Forfar. 

9. Ahmed Aloualou - Fails to mention he is actually signed with a championship club in Alloa. Makes it sound like Johnny went along to a school hall and signed him up. FYI, I also think this was a poor signing.

"any style of play whatsoever as the players now seem to have no idea or direction"  There looked to be plenty of direction in our recent match against Peterhead.

"Harvey arrived with a bit of a reputation for arrogance and talking nonsense from former roles. " Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance if you are a football manager, I used to watch all his post match Penicuik videos and don't remember him talking much nonsense.

This may come across as I am sticking up for Johnny, I'm not, I'm simply telling you the facts.  Had a long conversation with JH on Monday as he totally disagreed with some of my comments on other platforms of social media. I told him my honest thoughts and I'll go along on Saturday with my pray mat and support the boys to hopefully win 3 points. Will you be there?

A lot of contradictory from you there, biggest one is probably you saying on Facebook you wouldn’t be going back to Shielfield again this season and have just asked me if I will be there tongue in cheek. 

He blamed Berwick lack of ambition that Henderson chose city. 

I think JH record tells anyone he was clearly the wrong man. 

First I’ve heard of the attitude issue with Scott, but is this was to be the case maybe trying to resolve these issues and keeping him would have been more beneficial considering his stats based on the photo attached. 

Signed with a championship is completely irrelevant and doesn’t mean he’s a player. And I would question whether or not Harvey did actually see him play considering he hasn’t exactly played much football at Alloa. 

Plenty of direction shown in 1 game. Again I’ve seen you mention plenty of time how the team didn’t even compete especially in the last 2 games. 

His post match interviews have became a laughing stock, as evident on here where most people like to come on a joke about them. 

0620A9CD-A056-408E-B791-E42119E10798.jpeg

On 08/04/2019 at 19:55, A Believer said:

For those that couldn't be arsed to detach themselves from their keyboard only a week past Saturday, the Chairman elect, on behalf of the board, gave backing to the manager; who was also there to be open to all the questions. I guess some posters were there? Hard to say, I didn't hear any of the observations or questions here from the brave men here mostly articulated (only) from behind said keyboards.

Talking of bravery, at the time both guys stood up there, not knowing who would turn up, or what they might be asked, we were one point behind Albion. That's still the case, why the need for another statement? Must this be weekly to keep some folks happy? Daily??

Hey, credit where its due; and hang your head in shame posting vitreolic stuff on here about Board commitment if you could have been there, but didn't go.
@Fergie1, I tried something approaching conciliatory, but your response confirmed that you're a reactionary numbskull who (should have) lost the right to make comment about our football club when you called for fans to boycott the next matches; what planet are you on.

Do you also believe @Disc Potato is a reactionary numbskull? 

7 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

A lot of contradictory from you there, biggest one is probably you saying on Facebook you wouldn’t be going back to Shielfield again this season and have just asked me if I will be there tongue in cheek. 

He blamed Berwick lack of ambition that Henderson chose city. 

I think JH record tells anyone he was clearly the wrong man. 

First I’ve heard of the attitude issue with Scott, but is this was to be the case maybe trying to resolve these issues and keeping him would have been more beneficial considering his stats based on the photo attached. 

Signed with a championship is completely irrelevant and doesn’t mean he’s a player. And I would question whether or not Harvey did actually see him play considering he hasn’t exactly played much football at Alloa. 

Plenty of direction shown in 1 game. Again I’ve seen you mention plenty of time how the team didn’t even compete especially in the last 2 games. 

His post match interviews have became a laughing stock, as evident on here where most people like to come on a joke about them. 

0620A9CD-A056-408E-B791-E42119E10798.jpeg

Thanks for your concern and yes I did say to Gary I wouldn’t be going back, in fact the actual words used are I’m done with it.

I wasn’t at Annan but a 6-0 defeat makes me angry because I care, like most supporters we all say I’m not going back at various times.

8 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Thanks for your concern and yes I did say to Gary I wouldn’t be going back, in fact the actual words used are I’m done with it.

I wasn’t at Annan but a 6-0 defeat makes me angry because I care, like most supporters we all say I’m not going back at various times.

So to summarise, Dom was pretty much spot on with his post. 

For what it's worth the boy Dom seems like a total bellend and that article is tragic. Last thing Berwick need now is that sort of poisonous moon howler getting space to write his stuff. Some of it may be accurate but the tone is utterly tragic.

Edit: right now all he is concerned about is himself. All he can achieve is exposure for himself and no good for the club.

Edited by Muzza81

18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

For what it's worth the boy Dom seems like a total bellend and that article is tragic. Last thing Berwick need now is that sort of poisonous moon howler getting space to write his stuff. Some of it may be accurate but the tone is utterly tragic.

Edit: right now all he is concerned about is himself. All he can achieve is exposure for himself and no good for the club.

Cant see that atall and may be the only 1. But all I can see is Dom highlighting exactly what is wrong with the club and why we are in the position we are in. 

Eventually somebody highlighting it on a platform for more than people on here to see. 

7 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

Cant see that atall and may be the only 1. But all I can see is Dom highlighting exactly what is wrong with the club and why we are in the position we are in. 

Eventually somebody highlighting it on a platform for more than people on here to see. 

Then what happens? All it does is breed negativity and suit his own agenda. Nothing good can come out of what he has said and when he has said it.

It’s all over the place because being ‘wronged’ was clearly dominant in his thoughts when writing it. This is the guy who equated his role as twitter guy to that of the team manager before being dumped.

The worst bit is the finger being pointed at the club for Henderson choosing Edinburgh over us, despite the difference in what each club could offer. Dom hated Henderson at Berwick and regularly slaughtered him on here to the point that Blair directed a celebration at him after a goal. He also hate McKenna who did similar and has also gone on to far better things. To then belittle fans for having hope in the manager when he was appointed, because ‘he knew better’ is hilarious.

As I said before, he skims over some of the things he has a point with and even then litters it with errors. It’s absolutely nothing new and people have gone more in depth on here, the difference being that he’s so far up his own arse it’s more attack and destroy, tinged with bitterness than the mainly constructive things you see here. Probably because most supporters are thinking of the club rather than themselves.

31 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

It’s all over the place because being ‘wronged’ was clearly dominant in his thoughts when writing it. This is the guy who equated his role as twitter guy to that of the team manager before being dumped.

The worst bit is the finger being pointed at the club for Henderson choosing Edinburgh over us, despite the difference in what each club could offer. Dom hated Henderson at Berwick and regularly slaughtered him on here to the point that Blair directed a celebration at him after a goal. He also hate McKenna who did similar and has also gone on to far better things. To then belittle fans for having hope in the manager when he was appointed, because ‘he knew better’ is hilarious.

As I said before, he skims over some of the things he has a point with and even then litters it with errors. It’s absolutely nothing new and people have gone more in depth on here, the difference being that he’s so far up his own arse it’s more attack and destroy, tinged with bitterness than the mainly constructive things you see here. Probably because most supporters are thinking of the club rather than themselves.

Again he blamed the clubs lack of ambition not the club. Which again is correct. 

Genuinely don’t know how a post could destroy our club? Maybe the manager is doing a better job of if that. 

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Yes plenty.

"leaving a boardroom full of dinosaurs to run the club"  Totally disagree with this comment.  As reported by Berwick Mad, George Mathieson has provided to the supporters club a strategy for taking the club forward, hardly dinosaur talk. John Bell spoke well at the recent open forum, there was a couple of points arising from that meeting that worries me but its not because the chairman elect is a "dinosaur".

Berwick Rangers is a fantastic football club with a proud history that is having a real shit time right now. Frustration and anger is getting the better of all of us with the pressure of the Lowland League and the uncertainty that would bring. A reminder of some happier times and what a difference fans make getting behind the team. 

berwick-434576942.jpg

Cracking post. 

You put it like he chose Edinburgh over Berwick because we’re not fashionable or something. The reason Edinburgh can offer more money is because they are a lot more ambitious behind the scenes than what we are. 

40 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

You put it like he chose Edinburgh over Berwick because we’re not fashionable or something. The reason Edinburgh can offer more money is because they are a lot more ambitious behind the scenes than what we are. 

They have a well-heeled backer, and they pay a fraction for the use of Ainslie Park that we pay NCC for our full maintenance lease at Shielfield. This is an issue that the chairman-elect is looking to address. So I don’t buy into your desperate  crusade to portray opposing teams as more ambitious or better run.  Most teams have oscillated between dismal clusterfuck & the best thing since sliced bread over a period. We’re on our uppers and in a potentially dangerous place right now, but the last thing we need is doom-mongers like you talking the club down at every opportunity. That’s one of the reasons the place feels better for a whiny look-at-me getting hoisted after his napoleon complex went nuclear. 

2 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

Out of interest, who did he post as on here?