Celtic Rock/Folk Rock

BB_Bino

Not for everyone, I get that, but was at Hampden on Sunday and Torridon provided the pre-match entertainment and I really enjoyed it.

Just listened to some of the old Runrig stuff I listened to years ago (on Spotify) and wondered if there are other fans of this genre and what modern bands do people listen to?

• 2 weeks later...

The Missus and I got her dad tickets to see Skerryvore a couple of years back and agreed to go along with him. 

Undoubtably the lads are very talented but it was full on cringe for me and the sight of 60 year old women creaming their big pants at them was quite frankly frightening.

• 4 years later...

Still got 3 more gigs of the year and the 3 would probably fall into this category.

Although loosely these days, Tide Lines at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh, although it's going to be more stripped back and chilled out versions of their songs, I think it's safe to say it'll be a fantastic, powerful set and I can't wait.

I'm going back to see Torridon again, they were unbelievable at Drygate in Glasgow so I simply had to see them again so got my ticket for PJ's in Dunfermline. That'll be another cracking night, and a venue that's probably not utilised enough. Then finally, to end the year, what better way than to see Skerryvoe on the eve of New Years Eve, in Stirling, in the Albert Halls. Safe to say it'll be a riot that nigh.