The (Truth About the) Harry Quebert Affair

Salvo Montalbano

Had a look but couldn't see a thread on this. Anyone watching it? I go between thinking he did it and was a raging paedo and then thinking it was someone else (but he was still a bit of a paedo) but I'm not sure and since I've not read the book I'm none the wiser. Quite like it and hopefully it's just a one off series and it doesn't get dragged out into another year or two like most American shows.

I've only read the book and not seen the series and it has to be said the book is great until the last 150 pages or so where it falls apart in quite spectacular style. The writer had an ending clearly in mind but the final section of the book sees them decide to try and elongate the story with nonsensical plot twist after nonsensical plot twist which must see about 5 different people called out as the real murderer before the final reveal.

The only clue I'm giving, and they may change it, is BIRDS!!!!

I watch it, I'm the same with thinking Harry is probably a bit dodgy at times then not. I've said from the first episode I think the younger policeman is the murderer, seemed a bit dodgy and he's only become worse as the series went on with the Luther Calib attack etc.

Could really be anyone of about 5 really though so I'm probably spectacularly wrong and it's actually Jennny.

Archived