The Clyde Riviera

AsimButtHitsASix

Just about to hit the next transfer window. Already a coupla squad players are about to move on but hoping to keep the core together... not that they're doing enough for me to want that. Very erratic the last coupla months...

image.thumb.png.6480e3edf9a8af4923b0adc4cf0f51d9.png

My defence has completely forgot how to defend crosses. 

image.thumb.png.6351ca7fed721bae6d4c7c67c2520537.png

Will overtake Pollok with a win but, even if we beat Arthurlie we need them to drop points in two other games out of nine... that's assuming we get 18 points out of 18. All but given up on winning the league now and hoping to go up via the play offs.

Play off final First leg

image.thumb.png.fc1e938e6b2c6d6d67cca78b3b219a56.png

2nd leg tho...?

image.png.d001fd6e318c0ef4dfb358be842e8f5a.png

image.thumb.png.b85cae88c8260dee5588da0979d5f6a1.png

Tried to shitfest my way to a 0-0 and was four minutes from my goal. Managed an early goal in ET and tried to Mourinho it out only to be denied with a minute left. Went through on pens in the end.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

There's now two Greenock teams in the SPFL. Greenock Morton and Greenock Juniors.  Here's what our debut season holds in store...

image.thumb.png.a96b975e0894ce35a9473c7ef37845a3.png

Expected to finish 12th and board want me to stay clear of relegation but only 10-1 to win the thing so maybe an unexpected promotion is on the cards? Sadly lost a few players but can now offer proper part time deals instead of non contract terms. I'm gonna keep signings to a minimum and let the two years of "golden generation" youngsters get some game time. I think I got enough in the squad to be midtable, at least, so a season of consolidation and properly analysing where I'm at might be better in the long run. We'll see

Transfers...

image.thumb.png.0226b73ce64180400df6a6537bfa255d.png

Although I had my captain, Daniel Crisp, doing a good job at left back he's a natural right back so Mackenzie and Condie have came in to battle for that position. Brophy comes in after a good loan spell and Shaun Rodgers is gonna be my first choice left winger. Beckett is good back up for either flank and Glennie and McDowell are for the future. Almost every one of the players who left were first teamers so putting a lot of faith in my youngsters...

image.png.8bf29c9b7aac7a24d96946bdcf68f3f7.png

Another mixed bag preseason: losing to who I should lose to and winning against who I should beat. Ballymena and Oldham results were encouraging. Getting Stirling in the 1st round was a shiter as I thought I was certain to go out but I mullered them. My only dropped points was one of those 20 shots to 1 games were nothing goes in. But top of the league and that includes two games away to favourites Edusport and Cumbernauld. Gutted that I missed the Irish/Welsh/Faroese clubs in the Challenge Cup where I hope to make it out the group stages against Stirling, Berwick, Linlithgow and Welfare. 

image.png.da131e70389d1b24aaaef09613693d42.png

A few poor performances here and there (Stirling in the Challenge Cup and Auchleck and Glenafton were particular poor performances) but more than a few great results. Beating Gala 5-3 after being 3-1 down, two goals in the last five minutes to beat Inverurie away and the 5-0 humping of Lithae were great days for the Greenock faithful.

image.thumb.png.ff6066f3b3162d6bf7ed9f29add378f2.png

Very tight league, as you can see, and pretty confident going forward that the play offs, at least, are manageable.

image.thumb.png.79c4ce46a2b453b6ba1e4b656089e21e.png

Special mention for this kid. 9 goals in 11 starts and, although he's fucking knackered, the league has a lot less games coming thick and fast in the second half of the season so he should get through ok after Christmas.

The defeat to Stirling left me one point behind them with a game to go in the Challenge Cup but they're at home to bottom of the table Lithgae in their last game so almost certainly out even if I do beat Berwick.

I always like it when yer listed in the bottom two of a cup draw to show ye've passed all expectations...

image.png.496616bc1ae5ddd476daf8323fd73591.png

Here's the game itself

image.thumb.png.a7b6b9b9c6fd40f50e2ad9b4d336d5c1.png

Thought I was due a humping when they scored so early. Hamilton's equaliser was a gorgeous 20 yard daisy cutter after hitting it first time from a cleared corner then I went in the lead when Anderson missed a ball over the top. My first two shots on goal. I thought I was being jammy and, when Declan McManus equalised, I thought it was gonna revert to type but two more through balls before half time and I was matching them in shots, possession and shots on target but, most importantly, two goals better off. A surprsingly even second half saw me with the better chances but I'll take this.

image.png.8ad53ffa0944dda6089e73d3e8383b9c.png

Completely outlcassed by Accies in the cup although three of their goals were pens (two dodgy AF) and I missed one of my own but it was, like, 20+ shots to 4 by game's end. No complaints. Played badly against bottom of the league Welfare and a draw was fair but their equaliser was scored five minutes to go. Such is life.

Four games to go but two of the challengers for the title have to come to Ravenscraig. Squeaky bums all round...

image.png.428f18cd491216c27c6bc4781aa8d698.png

Edusport with the easiest run in but Albion Rovers are only a coupla points behind Talbot so will be chasing the play offs as well.