Leafa

Sandysafc

1 hour ago, Dinsey said:

I’d agree with that, if boys aren’t getting money then they play amateur football to kick a ball about. Found this out first hand that the better the squad you have, the harder it is to keep players happy especially at a top team because they’re all good players.

Im already thinking about that as I go about building this years squad it’s very difficult and almost naive if I was to think I just sign the best 20 players I can get because I’d inevitably lose a couple if they’re not in the squad or team. 

Why would you bring up money ?

Well that’s wot u would get playing a higher level than amatuer.  

if you play amatuer and your a good player your doing it for enjoyment and to be with your mates and your not wantin to sit on a bench every sat. if your playing junior/east of Scotland guys will be sittin on the bench gettin paid. 

10 minutes ago, Amatuer loyal said:

if you play amatuer and your a good player your doing it for enjoyment and to be with your mates and your not wantin to sit on a bench every sat. if your playing junior/east of Scotland guys will be sittin on the bench gettin paid. 

That's a few times Dinsey has said about C P  UTD  and money now though so just wondered why or what he knows to bring up the money thing !!

11 minutes ago, Amatuer loyal said:

Exactly the point I was making, cheers

Just now, Bawsoot said:

That's a few times Dinsey has said about C P  UTD  and money now though so just wondered why or what he knows to bring up the money thing !!

I said it once about a player that never played for Pennies that I know got offered money. 

I wasn’t saying that here though, I meant that guys happy to sit on a bench in big squads will be on money, ie lowland etc where’s a big squad is sustainable. 

6 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Okay so C P UTD offered this guy money to join them next season ?

It’s always the case as soon as a team gets some good players in they automatically start getting accused of paying it’s laughable I’ve seen it loads of times, teams like Sandys, st Bernard’s , craigshill and now CP United all being accused with no evidence whatsoever to prove that they pay. Until anyone provides proof which I find unlikely then I think no one pays and it’s just a bit jealousy that these teams have good players and others don’t! 

2 minutes ago, Phildo said:

It’s always the case as soon as a team gets some good players in they automatically start getting accused of paying it’s laughable I’ve seen it loads of times, teams like Sandys, st Bernard’s , craigshill and now CP United all being accused with no evidence whatsoever to prove that they pay. Until anyone provides proof which I find unlikely then I think no one pays and it’s just a bit jealousy that these teams have good players and others don’t! 

Certainly no jealousy on my part, I’m sure you know that. You also know I wouldn’t say it if I never believed it to be true. 

What I was told come directly from the player. 

As you say though such things will always be denied so it’s pointless even discussing it. That’s not what I meant in my post about players on money above. 

3 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Totally Dinsey try'd to sign the guy but by the looks of it he choose C P UTD for 1 reason or another but it all comes down to they must be paying him money player's never tell lies lol 

That’s not what happened either. 

It’s not me that’s brung this up. 

Edited by Dinsey

Players will go where they want regardless of pals or not the best players will go play where they think they can win something it's all becoming exciting now with teams all trying to sign same players Laureston Thistle and C P UTD fighting it out to sign 1 player 

This money talk/carry on is absolutely laughable but hey ho if you believe that your easy persuaded into believing nonsense. 

I agree with what you are saying regarding trying to keep everyone happy but would rather have that headache than the other way struggling to get players in. Also players say all the time they will go here and there and it doesn’t happen so until then we have 16 signed players. Competition within is always healthy 

10 minutes ago, 3yardsout said:

This money talk/carry on is absolutely laughable but hey ho if you believe that your easy persuaded into believing nonsense. 

I agree with what you are saying regarding trying to keep everyone happy but would rather have that headache than the other way struggling to get players in. Also players say all the time they will go here and there and it doesn’t happen so until then we have 16 signed players. Competition within is always healthy 

So yous won't be folding then !