Elimination Chamber 2019

JamieStevenson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught up this morning. Nice but surprised to see The Usos get the tag titles and Finn win the IC.

Kofi again showing he can feature on the main card, some excellent stuff against Daniel Bryan. I’d love to see Kofi against Daniel Bryan at Mania.

Watched the two chamber matches and the cruiser title match.

The pre-show match was one of Tozawa's best WWE efforts to date, but it was yet again typical of what Buddy Murphy has been doing for ages now. Just a total joy to watch every time he gets into the ring.

As I suspected it would be, the tag chamber was a total mess. That many people in that sort of match just doesn't end up as anything other than a mess. But the ending stretch was good, and the rest of the match had it's moments.

The main event was a fucking cracker and one of the best chamber matches.

Being realistic, and obviously that's beyond WWE some of the time, is there really a better option out there for a WM match for Bryan other than Kofi?  It's never going to be thought of as anywhere near the top of the card, and do any of the other options really excite?  They're either stuff we've seen before or just a bit meh.  Although would they really have Kofi go over?  If not, seems a waste.

I wouldn't say it'd be a waste. They've done more for him in the last two shows than they've done for him in years, so a wee run in the main event in the next month, even if it's on the losing end, would do him some good and add some credibility.

Just watched the rest of the show.

Shane and Miz was Usos was total meh and is so obviously leading to Shane vs Miz at Mania which will be horrendous.

The IC title match was w**k. Balor chucking Lashley around :lol:

I like Balor but he's wasted in the midcard. Lashley must be wondering why he came back. He's been served total piss since he did.

Women's title match was a total burial of Ruby Riott which was so shit. As others have said she didn't deserve that. The stuff after was quality though. Those shots looks sore as f**k as Becky wasn't holding back!

The Strowman Corbin match was pish. Strowman should have annihilated him until the run in. Corbin is so massively shite. He must be feeling like a bit of p***k given he's had to cut his hair and wrestle in crappy gear and then being called the reason why Raw has been so shit. Big Braun needs some pals. Was Kurt Angle busy or something? He's had issues with Drew recently so thought we might see him running down.

Worried that we'll get some midcard filler match at Mania with Drew, Lashey and Corbin vs Strowman, Angle and some other c**t (Nicholas?).

What was that bit with Lacey Evans all about? Bizarre.

Main event was decent until it was down to Bryan and Kingston. I liked the RKO on Styles that eliminated him.

When it was Kingston vs Bryan it was excellent. Absolutely brilliant stuff and the false finishes had me all the time. The only negative I'd give it is when they were on top of the pod, but I suppose they needed a breather.

Santino got similar treatment to that in the Chamber against Bryan before. The surprise at the end that might well just do the business.
Although Kofi is obviously a different beast and is a real shot for the Mania match.

He had a brief burst before he got eliminated did he not? Kofi got a final two proper end to end fight and he kicked out of the running knee and broke out the Labelle Lock from what I can mind. I was thinking the same but Kofi has had treatment closer to Rollins IMO.

I enjoyed that show. I feel bad for Mustafa Ali, as it looked like he was going to get the push that Kofi got this week. Hopefully they can make a star out of Kofi.
Poor Joe, he always seems to get eliminated from these types of matches with zero fuss.

Ali’s surely got years at the top. Would love Kofi to finally get a long overdue reward for years of consistently great work.

Feel the same for Joe. Guy is getting the Bray Wyatt treatment although he’s a much more entertaining talker. Speaking of Wyatt, I thought he would’ve came back but am glad they finished the Chamber match like they did.

Archived