The Prodigy

DA Baracus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the tweet from James Blunt about Keith Flint that's been widely reported ...

At the Q Awards years ago, when Noel Gallagher was saying he was leaving Ibiza because I’d moved there, and Damon Albarn refused to be in the same picture as me, and Paul Weller was saying he’d rather eat his own shit than work with me, Keith Flint came over, gave me a hug, and said how thrilled he was for my success,

Dumbest moment of my life contender was turning down the chance to see the band live because id already committed to seeing system of a down the night after and i didnay fancy hanging around in Glasgow all day high off my mits on ketamine and Angel dust.

Some of the best driving songs around

Matt Everitt spoke really well about Keith Flint last week on 6 Music. He knew him an had been out for dinner with him late last year and like the reposting of the various tweets on this thread he described a really self-deprecating, charming guy. My microwave at work makes the same meep-meep as at the start of the drum & bass version of Charly on The Prodigy Experience so every time I hear it the tune fires up in my head. 

Just found this thread. I was a fan of their earlier stuff. Think first one I owned (via high speed dubbing) was Wind It up although I preferred Your Love and Everybody in the Place.

Always sad when someone is in a position that drives them to end their life. Never really took much interest in them outside of their performances , but seems there was an amazing transformation in the lad when he was not performing. 

Archived