The AEW Thread

TheGoon

“Don Callis was assaulted by a fan following Saturday’s Triplemania XXXI event in Tijuana.

Bryan Alvarez is reporting that there was a post-show press conference where Kenny Omega was confronted by Don Callis, leading to an angle where Omega was attacked by Konosuke Takeshita, continuing their AEW feud. As security was breaking up the fight, that was when a fan attacked Callis from behind.

“Everything was an angle up to that point, but then a fan who was apparently upset about what Don had said to Kenny jumped Don from behind, ripped his suit, concussed his eardrum and busted open his mouth while he was trying to choke out Don from behind,” Alvarez said. “ Don was screaming profanities at the fan before he was pulled off, and was said to be livid afterwards.”

This video on twitter catches the end of it:

Absolutely wild

24 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Kota Ibushi turning up in similar shape and physical nimbleness as yer average Scottish da.

I did think he looked quite bloated, especially around the face.

9 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I don't get the hype behind Ibushi and never have TBH.

He's just another Japanese guy who wrestles blow up dolls.

I’m not getting what any of the recent influx of Japanese guys are bringing to the table. 

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can only assume talking about the recent Forbidden Door build.

Just seeing the reply to my post cos you’ve quoted it but yeah pretty much the influx from NJPW. In the last few months AEW have had a few intermittent appearances from the likes of Suzuki and Ishii who for me are no more entertaining than a lot of folk on AEWs already bloated roster.

I don’t get what’s so great about Takeshita and Kota either. Personally I just see them as money makers (which obviously is the point) without really adding anything to the overall AEW product.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just seeing the reply to my post cos you’ve quoted it but yeah pretty much the influx from NJPW. In the last few months AEW have had a few intermittent appearances from the likes of Suzuki and Ishii who for me are no more entertaining than a lot of folk on AEWs already bloated roster.

I don’t get what’s so great about Takeshita and Kota either. Personally I just see them as money makers (which obviously is the point) without really adding anything to the overall AEW product.

Mainly agree with you but think there is a lot of upside in Takeshita, he has ability, size and a certain charisma. I think he'll do fine. Added to this he can speak fluent English.