The AEW Thread

TheGoon

11 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

The AEW women's division squabbling, fighting and bullying each other like a bunch of Falkirk fans after a defeat it would seem.

Seems to have been a largely united front against an outsider. Even some non-AEW talent coming to out to support Ruby Soho. Doesn't seem like Lufisto made a ton of friends over the years on the indies, which would explain no real stints in AEW, WWE, Impact, or ROH.

No doubt there's problems in the locker room. There's been plenty of gossip over the years. But even the Thunder Rosa stuff is old news. So old she went away and came back having been on the road for the last 6 months after apologising.

One of the takeaways from what Lufisto said might finally explain why Serena Deeb just dropped off the face of the earth with none of the dirt sheets being able to confirm anything.

image.png.55a92fb674e95eb5a77b6df5bb2c0332.png

Just watched this past weeks Rampage… The Kingdom 😄

Also, can anyone explain why Brian Cage has suddenly resurfaced and been getting quite a push after god knows how long he was off tv? He is absolutely dreadful to watch and a dire throwback to the 90s steroid beasts that Vince used to get erect for.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Also, can anyone explain why Brian Cage has suddenly resurfaced and been getting quite a push after god knows how long he was off tv? He is absolutely dreadful to watch and a dire throwback to the 90s steroid beasts that Vince used to get erect for.

Brian Cage can actually work though? It’s not as if they’re pushing him either, just being used to elevate other talent like he was previously - which he’s good at.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

He and Big Bill were put together in the Blind Tag Eliminator. Two big hosses they got some popularity as a throwback tag team with a cool finisher.

They were there just to be an obstacle to MJF & Adam Cole. That's really where the double clothesline and bodyslam got over.

So yeah, fans liked them and they're making the most of it.

By the way I wish those 90s/00s steroid monsters worked like Brian Cage. He's bland personality wise, but he's able to keep pace with most of the smaller guys and decent mid-tier threat for TV matches.

On 06/08/2023 at 14:57, FairWeatherFan said:

He and Big Bill were put together in the Blind Tag Eliminator. Two big hosses they got some popularity as a throwback tag team with a cool finisher.

They were there just to be an obstacle to MJF & Adam Cole. That's really where the double clothesline and bodyslam got over.

So yeah, fans liked them and they're making the most of it.

By the way I wish those 90s/00s steroid monsters worked like Brian Cage. He's bland personality wise, but he's able to keep pace with most of the smaller guys and decent mid-tier threat for TV matches.

Cage’s work was what prompted my criticism in the first place. Thought he looked slow and sloppy in the tag match with Big Bill like he’d only just learned how to do a couple of those hold/move sequences. Possibly much to do with his opponent right enough.

What are they playing at with All In?! It's looking more and more like a glorified house show. With just two weeks to go there's only one singles match announced, the main event. Even if more are added they'll be hurt by lack of build.

There are loads of multi person matches rumoured which just seems like a way of shoehorning folk on to the card.

The show will be pretty good and fun, but when people see the proper matches on All Out a week later they'll be asking why.

They should be treating this like their biggest ever show. From the moment it was announced they should have been building towards a massive super card, saving their biggest and best matches for it.

As it is we'll seemingly be getting loads of big stars in throwaway multi person matches instead.

Not good for if they want to run Wembley again. Reckon a lot of folk will be rightly annoyed that they're getting second rate matches (for the most part) and that they're getting a fancy house show. That could put folk off buying tickets to another Wembley show.

As an aside, me and the lads I'm going with are going to the Rev Pro show the night before. Looks class and at least we'll actually get to see a proper Ospreay match.

56 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying the start time for All In has been brought forward an hour to 5pm. I don't know if the whole show is being brought back an hour or if they are just adding an extra hour of the buy in show.

PPV is being advertised as 6pm BST / 1pm EST. The 5pm start will just be for the Zero Hour show where at the very least MJF & Cole v. Aussie Open will take place.

The reminder's just to make sure there are bums in seats for it.

When I thought that bringing back Punk would all end in tears, I assumed he wouldn't find new and exciting ways to burn bridges, but here we are.  We've now gone beyond him just having his own show created for him, and now have him sitting on the door like some crazed bouncer deciding who is allowed in.  To have people be told to fly into town to do whatever, and then suddenly be asked not to go to the arena once they've already travelled, all (supposedly) because of one guy's fragile ego is wild.  As Sheriff said, good fucking luck to anyone whose job it is to keep the peace when they're all supposed to be in the same arena for both All In and All Out.  At least we've moved on from feuding wrestlers stabbing each other ala Arn and Sid when they get to the UK I suppose.

All In is starting to look more and more like an absolutely epic missed opportunity for the company.   They've built their brand to the point where they can come extremely close to selling out one of the most iconic stadiums in sport, and instead of taking that and building a show to fit the event, they're seemingly (it could change, of course) putting on a glorified house show.  If that doesn't change, at best you're going to have a lot of very disappointed people, and at worst you could seriously damage how your product is seen to fans.  Clash at the Castle was basically WWE holding you at gunpoint and shaking you until the coins came out, but at least they attempted to put on a show that felt big.

12 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Khan booking AO Vs Cole and MJF on the pre show is mind-blowing stupidity on a couple of levels.

Just asking for something untoward to happen.  I can only assume they're putting it there to not really be a match, and be a much safer angle, but knowing the way AEW does things, I expect they're planning it to be some 30 minute gruelling work-rate match.  Unless they are planning on swerving and changing the main event, but that would be stupid in so many other ways.