The AEW Thread

TheGoon

On 28/08/2023 at 14:17, Jeff Venom said:

On the Perry - Punk thing, I just struggle to believe anything like that anymore. It's like they've created their own economy between themselves, wrestling media, and the fans who tune in next week or go to the shows in person. 

Well this has aged tremendously well. 

Personally would love to see Punk back in WWE because the guy is just pure box office but I think I'm kidding myself on. 

Edited by Jeff Venom

Wouldn’t say I sympathise with the CM Punk as such, but I think he’s had a big fat target on his back since the second he came back a couple of months ago. Wouldn’t be remotely surprised if  various members of the AEW roster have been slowly chipping away at Punk and pushing his buttons until the inevitable lossing of the heid happened.

Edited by 8MileBU

55 minutes ago, Lukovic said:

Don't think I can put into words how good that strap match was.

Absolutely outstanding. Good show overall, but that was just on another level. Nice to see OC & Mox get the main event as well. If they ever have a Hall of Fame in years to come, they should be the first two in.

Definitely the weakest PPV they've put on in a long time, even though it was still pretty good.  It should show why having All in and All Out so close to each other is a bad idea, but suspect they won't..  Granted they were dealt a shitty card with the whole Punk situation, but all that really affected card-wise was subbing in Danielson against Starks, which was probably an upgrade.  A lot of the stuff on there didn't feel like it really mattered in a way it usually does, like your standard WWE B-show.  Interesting to see them putting on another show in 4 weeks - wonder if they'll move further towards a WWE calendar with more and more shows.  Would be a bit of a shame if it dilutes the quality.

Feels a shame to finally take the title off OC.  He was someone I just never really got when he was in the full throes of his gimmick, but he's definitely on the top tier of important personnel for the company.  In a week where Punk has attempted to completely set fire to the whole thing, looking at people like OC should show that they'll be just fine.

On 04/09/2023 at 11:05, DA Baracus said:

Haha, latest is that Punk had beef with William Regal and was a total dick to him.

There's surely going to be more of this stuff coming out. What an absolute bell end of a man.

A Triple H stooge apparently. I'm sure William was extremely bothered given if it came to it he'd absolutely fold CM Punk in half.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

A Triple H stooge apparently. I'm sure William was extremely bothered given if it came to it he'd absolutely fold CM Punk in half.

Again, any truth? By all accounts when Punk showed up backstage to WWE earlier on in the year HHH and himself had no issues, it was Vince who suggested Punk should be removed.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Again, any truth? By all accounts when Punk showed up backstage to WWE earlier on in the year HHH and himself had no issues, it was Vince who suggested Punk should be removed.

I've no idea at this point. I know about the WWE backstage appearance but I haven't joined the dots if Regal was still in AEW at that time, and therefore, not around. Punk allegedly made amends with the Miz that night and chatted briefly to Trips so fck knows.

Think we're probably bound to see it being absolute open-season on shite like this coming out.  You'll get 10 stories, probably a couple having any basis, the rest being either Chinese whispers of something pretty innocuous or flat-out lies that no-one will call out.  I doubt anyone on the AEW side is ever going to come out and give the warts-and-all truth, so the only person you've got a chance of is if Punk goes on record.  And even then, you'll be getting Punk's truth, which is part of the problem in the first place.

Is amusing to imagine him stepping to Regal though.  Calling him a real toerag whilst he rearranges most of his organs through his skin.

Genuinely, Sean Ross Sapp is worse than Meltzer for bullshit at this point.

Tony Khan really needs to get a grip of his company though. The backstage stuff is more well known than the in product stuff at this point. Absolute shambles.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That was a cracking episode of Dynamite. MJF vs Joe and Hangman vs Swerve should be great feuds. Nick Wayne has no business being that good at his age, although his body might be wrecked by the time he is 25 if he keeps bumping like Darby.

Aye, not quite the role model you want in that regard. Something darkly comic about Darby taking the guy under his wing when his dad died.  "I'll take care of him," shouts Darby, as he gets into his battered car to roll it down a hill.

I'm always impressed by Darby's dives to the outside because he seems to be moving about a million times faster than anyone I've seen do it before.  But it's gone beyond the Big E fear that you got from him doing them, as at that pace, you're surely going to run out of luck eventually.  Almost did last night, didn't look like the aftermath was planned, so hopefully nothing too serious or long-term.  

Edited by forameus

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Genuinely, Sean Ross Sapp is worse than Meltzer for bullshit at this point.

Tony Khan really needs to get a grip of his company though. The backstage stuff is more well known than the in product stuff at this point. Absolute shambles.

What has Sapp said that is bullshit?