Queen's Park 2019/20

I agree that the whole thing has been a mess. From the lack of notice to games at Airdrie to the fiasco about the buses. It has been a compounding  series of errors that doesn't show the Club in a good light. It has to do better. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism and I believe the Club will take that on the chin. I hope that as many people possible can make use of the free transport to Airdrie. I believe that the Club will be open before both "home" games as that is the point of the bus departing from Hampden. Supporters should be able to use the Social Club and then go to the game. 

Of course, for some fans every game is an awayday😂

Anyhoos, in a thinly veiled attempt at stopping the public bickering, any news on the transfer front? We're getting near that June/July deadline? Desperately keen to send even more dosh to the club for player sponsorship, except we don't have players yet. Offishully.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Of course, for some fans every game is an awayday😂

Anyhoos, in a thinly veiled attempt at stopping the public bickering, any news on the transfer front? We're getting near that June/July deadline? Desperately keen to send even more dosh to the club for player sponsorship, except we don't have players yet. Offishully.

I believe we have a number of signed players and a current first team squad of around 20 players.

4 hours ago, The man with no name said:

The Club has been forced to relocate the games to Airdrie. The Club is running free transport from the normal venue to Airdrie. The Club has done this for every game it has hosted at Airdrie. How is that showing disregard for the supporters. If the Club had let the original (and wrong) post stand and let supporters pay £10 to travel to Airdrie then that would be disregarding the Supporters!

I as a supporter appreciate that the buses are free and that the club are paying for them but the manner in which this has been handled, by the club, is terrible. Interestingly, I think that the club General Manager was on holiday while all this nonsense was going on. However, perhaps" The man with no name" could inform us, what is the problem with  picking up people in town for a mid-week game? Sorry but I cannot get my head around the fact that it is not going to be done, will it cost the club any more money for the bus? I seriously doubt it.

So come on - whats the reason?

10 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I as a supporter appreciate that the buses are free and that the club are paying for them but the manner in which this has been handled, by the club, is terrible. Interestingly, I think that the club General Manager was on holiday while all this nonsense was going on. However, perhaps" The man with no name" could inform us, what is the problem with  picking up people in town for a mid-week game? Sorry but I cannot get my head around the fact that it is not going to be done, will it cost the club any more money for the bus? I seriously doubt it.

So come on - whats the reason?

I have no idea what the reason is, that is the Club's decision as they are paying for the bus. If I had to guess it would be that as people would be heading to Hampden for the game it makes sense to have the bus depart from Hampden. 

Previous midweek games at Airdrie have left from Hampden without a whimper of dissent!

13 hours ago, The man with no name said:

If I had to guess it would be that as people would be heading to Hampden for the game it makes sense to have the bus depart from Hampden. 

Previous midweek games at Airdrie have left from Hampden without a whimper of dissent!

Know that for a fact, do you? 

if people were heading to Hampden for this game then they would have until 1945 to get there. This bus leaves at 1830. It doesn't really make sense, does it? However it probably does to somebody not prepared to make a distinction between a Saturday and a midweek game  

Passionate defence of the club's decision to dig their heels in. It's almost as if you are in some sort of official position but I realise now that's not the case and you are just guessing their reasons.....

Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to get a train to Airdrie from the town now. Shame I'm not a club employee, I might be able to put in an expenses claim for that

Edited by Mick1867

On 26/06/2019 at 12:43, Mick1867 said:

Home to Celtic Colts in the Tunnock's Tory and Unionist Cup

giphy.gif

Done a wee bit digging on this. Thanks to my integrity I don't follow any OF stuff but it turns out both the Ugly Sisters had their Colts teams playing as the Reserve team last season, presumably to bolster their attempt to have the Colts in the SPFL leagues. My presumption seems reasonable as they've both now decided not to have the Colts in the reserve league this season. Huffy!

As for the fixture, given our new team looks to be mostly new and given Celtic came joint top of the Reserve league and beat Rangers in the Glasgow Cup I'm feeling less confident in my earlier statement. Wullie Muir in a penalty shootout might be our ace card. Although an away trip to Falkirk for the winners is sure to be a strong incentive.

Any chance of playing the game in the Lesser car park, jumpers for posts?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

16 hours ago, The man with no name said:

I have no idea what the reason is, that is the Club's decision as they are paying for the bus. If I had to guess it would be that as people would be heading to Hampden for the game it makes sense to have the bus depart from Hampden. 

I don,t remember us leaving Lesser for a home game at Airdrie, but then I'm getting old perhaps you could tell what game that was? I'm starting to think this is a ploy by the club to entice people into the Social Club for a pint, before the game, instead of going to a pub in town to spend their money. Even if there are supporters, who do not work in town, getting on the bus at Lesser why can't the bus then head up to High Street to pick up supporters and then go onto the motorway to go to Airdrie? 

Wonder if they will let Mick1867 come back to Lesser on the bus after the game, if there are empty seats?

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

I don,t remember us leaving Lesser for a home game at Airdrie, but then I'm getting old perhaps you could tell what game that was? I'm starting to think this is a ploy by the club to entice people into the Social Club for a pint, before the game, instead of going to a pub in town to spend their money. Even if there are supporters, who do not work in town, getting on the bus at Lesser why can't the bus then head up to High Street to pick up supporters and then go onto the motorway to go to Airdrie? 

Wonder if they will let Mick1867 come back to Lesser on the bus after the game, if there are empty seats?

You must be getting old, the bus left Hampden to go direct  to Airdrie for most of 2014!

I'm sure anyone who wishes a lift back would be most welcome if there are seats left.

43 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

You must be getting old, the bus left Hampden to go direct  to Airdrie for most of 2014!

If Dooflick means mid-week games, I can only think of two home games at Airdrie which weren't on a Saturday - a Friday game against Berwick in the Challenge Cup at the start of 2014/15 then a Tuesday or Wednesday League Cup tie against Rangers a month or so later.  I know I got the bus from outside the club for the Berwick game so I don't think it would have gone through the town, can't remember for the Rangers game.

41 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

If Dooflick means mid-week games, I can only think of two home games at Airdrie which weren't on a Saturday - a Friday game against Berwick in the Challenge Cup at the start of 2014/15 then a Tuesday or Wednesday League Cup tie against Rangers a month or so later.  I know I got the bus from outside the club for the Berwick game so I don't think it would have gone through the town, can't remember for the Rangers game.

The Rangers game left from Hampden and went direct to Airdrie.

I see Adam Martin is back. Harsh luck last term and deserves another crack (no pun intended). Billy Mortimer too. Runs like the Tin Man sometimes but you can't fault him for his effort and gusto. Good luck to them both.

Big guns getting rolled out anyday now....masterful suspension gripping the fans interest. Love it!

56 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

The Rangers game left from Hampden and went direct to Airdrie.

Just because something happened before doesn't mean it's the correct thing to keep doing.  

That was 5 years ago, attitudes change. The SA doesn't want this arrangement now but it looks like we're stuck with it. Oh well... 

Edited by Mick1867

51 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I see Adam Martin is back. Harsh luck last term and deserves another crack (no pun intended). Billy Mortimer too. Runs like the Tin Man sometimes but you can't fault him for his effort and gusto. Good luck to them both.

Big guns getting rolled out anyday now....masterful suspension gripping the fans interest. Love it!

Great that Martin is back. Had a slow a start under MacPherson but when put back into the team by Roberts he was looking the part until the injury

Not surprised Mortimer is back as well. A good squad player at this level but looked far better playing out of position at right wing back ( full of energy up and down the flank) than he did up front (just can't score goals, would be delighted for him  to prove me wrong this season)   

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

I'm sure anyone who wishes a lift back would be most welcome if there are seats left.

Yes I am, I will never see sixty again, but I was talking about mid-week games,however, enough of this matter and let us all get behind the team as usual and let us hope that this is the last time that the Committee make a balls up of anything this season.