A-League 2019/20 + FFA Cup 2019

Eednud

On 25/07/2019 at 01:01, Eednud said:

@Jacksgranda just so happens that Adelaide Olympic atre at home to Campbelltown City in the NPL SA this Saturday. 

I'll have to keep an eye on that. Is that Sunday over here? :lol:

That's two more teams to ruin my weekend, I must be f****** mad...

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'll have to keep an eye on that. Is that Sunday over here? :lol:

That's two more teams to ruin my weekend, I must be f****** mad...

No it will still be Saturday. Usual kick-off time is 3pm (6:30am @Jacksgranda time) but this one is 7pm  (10:30am).  The other day the ABC ran this story on their web page. Very rare for them to have anuthing other than a sentence or two about NPL sides).

More FFA Cup action tonight with 5 ties, 2 involving A-League sides. Main TV game is here in Adelaide, Campbelltown City v Melbourne City.  Would love to see Campbelltown win this. The other A-League side in action is Central Coast Mariners in a Central Coast NSW derby away to Maitland FC. Other games are Cooma Tigers (ACT) v Hume City (Vic), South Hobart (Tas) v Marconi Stallions (NSW) and a Sydney derby, St George (level 3) v Sydney United 58. Maitland FC are from the NNSW NPL and although Cooma is in NSW they play in the ACT NPL.

FFA Cup all 5 away teams won last night. Campbelltown City did equalize but couldn’t get another and eventually lost 1-3. Great crowd though. Would have been back in the 60’s or early 70’s since they had a crowd that size, if ever.

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

FFA Cup all 5 away teams won last night. Campbelltown City did equalize but couldn’t get another and eventually lost 1-3. Great crowd though. Would have been back in the 60’s or early 70’s since they had a crowd that size, if ever.

Boooooo. *insert name of manager here* Out!

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

City won, but Olympic lost. Serious amount of teams from Adelaide in that league.

It's really NPL Adelaide.  Same in Div 1 all teams are what is referred to as Adelaide, furthest from CBD are Noarlunga (abt 25km) and Seaford (35 km). It's only in Div 2 with Gawler (44km) and Northern Demons from Port Pirie (230km). Here endeth your Adelaide football lesson apart from the fact that in the early 1960's Austria beat Murray Bridge 35-0. 

ETA: Teams from country areas of SA where there is an organised league affiliated to FFSA enter the SA qualifying rounds of the FFA Cup. 

Edited by Eednud

More FFA Cup action tonight with the last 5 games of the Round of 32 with 8 A-League sides in action. Main TV game is a potential giant killer with 2 times NSL Champions Melbourne Knights at home to cup holders Adelaide United. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is only 1 Adelaide side in the draw for the next round. The other NPL side in action is Brisbane Strikers at home to Wellington Phoenix and another potential giant killer. The other games are Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets, Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar and Perth Glory v Western Sydney Wanderers. 

Good win for Adelaide United in the end. The Knights looked good on the first half but 5-2 at FT. Shock for Victory 2-0 up at home and end up losing 2-3 to the Jets. That's last year's top 3 out as Sydney and Glory also lost. Brisbane Strikers beat Phoenix on penalties. They were 2-0 up plus Phoenix missed a penalty during extra time.  

Draw for the next round with games on 20 & 28 August.

Brisbane Roar v Central Coast Mariners: Moreland Zebras (3) v Mackay & Whistsundays Magpies Crusaders United (2); Adelaide Olympic (2) v Hume City (2); Brisbane Strikers (2) v Manly United (2); Marconi Stallions (2) v Melbourne City; Olympic FC (2) v Adelaide United; Edgeworth FC (2) v Newcastle Jets; Sydney United 58 (2) v Western Sydney Wanderers.  Edgeworth v Jets is a Newcastle derby.