A-League 2019/20 + FFA Cup 2019

Eednud

The Olyroos have qualified for the Olympic Games for the first time since 2008 after beating Uzbekistan 1-0 in the 3rd/4th place play-off at the AFC U23 Championship. They’ll have ti improve a lot to do well in Japan.

Good win yesterday for Adelaide United in Footscray against the Western United nomads. When WU fought back from 3-1 to 3-3 thought we were going to concede another but it all worked out well in the end, 4-3 the Reds. This Saturday it’s Mel C at home so hoping for a hat trick of wins on the trot against the Melbourne sides. Just under 6,000 at Footscray which is probably less than WU expected. Just noticed that WU only has 4 more home games with 3 scheduled for Ballarat and game against the Mariners on 1 March listed a TBD.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny Miller sitting beside Lawrie McKinna, Newcastle Jets CEO watching them leading the Mariners 2-0 at home. Looks like he is the new Assistant coach after Jets appointing Carl Robinson as Coach the other day.

Is Hendry not fucked?

It appeared so.

Pretty ‘meh’ game tonight with Melbourne having the majority of the chances but failing to take any. Phoenix had a goal disallowed for offside but good team work from the very quiet Hooper and Bell gave them the win. A very healthy crowd of over 15,000 at Eden Park too.i wish Auckland would have their own A-League team as there is clearly demand for it.

Watching Perth play Tokyo just now in the Champions League.

Pretty quiet game so far, which is decent news for Glory.

Melbourne Victory kicking off soon against FC Seoul. Not usually a big fan of the Victory, but I hope they batter Seoul. Horrible, fake club with terrible selfie-loving fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2020 at 21:18, Jacksgranda said:

Campbelltown City off to a flier! :thumsup2

Followed up with a 0-0 draw at Adelaide Raiders.

NE Metro Stars seem to be a trifle inconsistent, 0-3 home defeat on the opening day followed up with an 8-0 away win.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Followed up with a 0-0 draw at Adelaide Raiders.

NE Metro Stars seem to be a trifle inconsistent, 0-3 home defeat on the opening day followed up with an 8-0 away win.

Home to Croydon Kings tonight, the live stream is Adelaide Comets v Cumberland United.

WSW have to be livid. Big win last week and I don't feel they looked in the game this week. Some pressure in a 10 minute spell but the Roar had them pinned too much.

Fowler really is doing a great job and his ability to adapt to styles has amazed me. He gets it wrong sometimes but he always tries to negate the opposition rather than have a fixed team. I like that. And he's largely succeeded recently. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight’s Perth Glory v Western Ushited called off. Newcastle Jets v MelC looks as though it’s still happening but would expect this will be the last game for a while/the season as state borders closing for non-essential travel.