Livi v Motherwell

Just now, LiviLion said:

Why? What do you think stopped them playing yesterday?

Both teams played some good passing football, but cancelled each other out well.

I think it was a game full of players (from both sides) who had to have a 2nd thought about what they were going to do rather than play instinctively. Who were looking to move the ball quickly but had to take extra touches or slow their run as the ball was holding up on a sticky surface. Who tried to play football but the ball got stuck in their feet as it doesn't move across the surface as it should. Who were risking serious injury as underhit passes (which ordinarily wouldnt have been underhit) created 50/50, and 60/40 challenges that should never have been required.

Again as I keep saying...nothing to do with the result as I have exactly the same feelings about Accies pitch where we've won. As soon as you make the players have to second guess things they want to do, it takes the instinct out of the game, and for me that's where the majority of the enjoyment of the sport comes from.

3 minutes ago, Al B said:

I think it was a game full of players (from both sides) who had to have a 2nd thought about what they were going to do rather than play instinctively. Who were looking to move the ball quickly but had to take extra touches or slow their run as the ball was holding up on a sticky surface. Who tried to play football but the ball got stuck in their feet as it doesn't move across the surface as it should. Who were risking serious injury as underhit passes (which ordinarily wouldnt have been underhit) created 50/50, and 60/40 challenges that should never have been required.

Again as I keep saying...nothing to do with the result as I have exactly the same feelings about Accies pitch where we've won. As soon as you make the players have to second guess things they want to do, it takes the instinct out of the game, and for me that's where the majority of the enjoyment of the sport comes from.

Should fucking learn and hit it harder then, if you keep underhitting a pass you're no very bright. Same as any surface really, you have to adapt, and that includes grass, which changes as the season goes on.

Surprised there's any controversy about the pitch tbh. If anyone saw funny bounces or slow movement yesterday, then they've got better eyes than me. There were pellets again, but none of this other imaginary shite that people are coming up with as an excuse for why Livi games are always difficult.

The quick hug between Gallagher and Lithgow during the handshakes made me well up ❤️ 

The back 4 looked significantly better than I expected. Lamie had a great game. Devlin did a power of work. McMillan has solved the 'should we start him on the left, or Pepe in the middle' dilemma.

Souda didn't look like he was doing very much in the beginning, and then he sprang to life. Was fouled countless times. I enjoyed his piss-boiling on the far side with Gallagher. He'll fit in well.

Dykes had a tough job, and he did it relatively well. Pittman did a power of work. And I was told that Bartley didn't have pace, watching him sprint past defenders to the byline to whip a ball in was surprising.

In short, if we play like that all season we wont be going down. Motherwell will do alright for themselves, should make the top 6. 

Martindale instantly running to Pepe after the match to tell him off wasn't the best sign. Pepe didn't look best pleased and went straight down the tunnel. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see much more of him and we signed another CB.

Onto the Saints.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Should fucking learn and hit it harder then, if you keep underhitting a pass you're no very bright. Same as any surface really, you have to adapt, and that includes grass, which changes as the season goes on.

Oh for f**k sake.

Okay, whatever.

5 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Surprised there's any controversy about the pitch tbh. If anyone saw funny bounces or slow movement yesterday, then they've got better eyes than me. There were pellets again, but none of this other imaginary shite that people are coming up with as an excuse for why Livi games are always difficult.

The quick hug between Gallagher and Lithgow during the handshakes made me well up ❤️ 

The back 4 looked significantly better than I expected. Lamie had a great game. Devlin did a power of work. McMillan has solved the 'should we start him on the left, or Pepe in the middle' dilemma.

Souda didn't look like he was doing very much in the beginning, and then he sprang to life. Was fouled countless times. I enjoyed his piss-boiling on the far side with Gallagher. He'll fit in well.

Dykes had a tough job, and he did it relatively well. Pittman did a power of work. And I was told that Bartley didn't have pace, watching him sprint past defenders to the byline to whip a ball in was surprising.

In short, if we play like that all season we wont be going down. Motherwell will do alright for themselves, should make the top 6. 

Martindale instantly running to Pepe after the match to tell him off wasn't the best sign. Pepe didn't look best pleased and went straight down the tunnel. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see much more of him and we signed another CB.

Onto the Saints.

Maybe you are just used to watching football on that pitch and don’t realise just how slow it is ?

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, that’s just utter nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, Al B said:

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That about sums up every post I see moaning about our pitch.👍

Supporters have “moaned “ about plastic pitches for years, Killy’s pitch has always rightly taken stick, i’ve no doubt Livi supporters have done the same themselves in the past ?

17 minutes ago, Al B said:

^^^ Copy and pasted from plasticpitchesarethedevil.com.

We should only let games go ahead when the grass is a certain length, we've got perfect weather, and it's been watered the same every single week. Otherwise how will players know how fucking hard to pass the ball :lol:

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

We should only let games go ahead when the grass is a certain length, we've got perfect weather, and it's been watered the same every single week. Otherwise how will players know how fucking hard to pass the ball :lol:

Honestly we get it, when you get a plastic pitch you have to defend it, even if the evidence is right in front of your eyes. Killy and Accies fans do exactly the same thing.

1 minute ago, Al B said:

Cool. Enjoy your season.

You too mate, I think we'll both do ok, hope Motherwell get into the top 6 and we do a bit better than we did last season too.:cheers

Also hope we take points off you on your grass bowling green pitch, just to see what your excuses will be that time.:whistle ;)

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Have you never come away from a game in the pishing rain and thought, weather ruined that...players couldnt judge the bounce of the ball, passes were holding up in the water, they were finding it hard to run with the ball?

Yes, players should be able to adapt to that and play a different way, and not try those things under adverse conditions. But that's my point...I go to see them do and try those things, and when they can't, it makes for a less enjoyable game.

Apart from the fact the ball runs incredibly slowly, the bounce is uneven to name only two things, I could go on. Would it have been a better game on a good quality grass pitch, it was last season at our place by a country mile on both occasions.
Nice try but I was at the 1-1 game at your place last season and it was one of the most turgid and stuffy matches I watched all season.

28 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
7 hours ago, Yorky said:
Apart from the fact the ball runs incredibly slowly, the bounce is uneven to name only two things, I could go on. Would it have been a better game on a good quality grass pitch, it was last season at our place by a country mile on both occasions.

Nice try but I was at the 1-1 game at your place last season and it was one of the most turgid and stuffy matches I watched all season.

Leave him to his fantasy grass football ffs, I remember when summers went on for 3 solid months, it did happen right, don't dare tell me it was me just looking back on my childhood with rose tinted sunshine memories.