Heart of Midlothian v Hamilton Academical

No match thread by Friday, I can see this one is capturing the imagination.

An absolute must win for Levein, drop points here and the atmosphere will be poisonous.  Part of me is curious to see that tbh, would be worse than Cathro's last game I reckon.

Good news is Naismith is back, bad news is yet more injuries see Smith and Pereira out so we're likely to see Doyle and Brandon.  Personally I'd stick Hickey at right back and play White.

We have history for both outcomes of this one. Will either be the standard Accies give away of a victory to a struggling manager or one of those glorious occasions we all live for where a defeat to Accies is the final nail in their coffin. Safe to say at £29 a ticket, I’ll be following from afar.

50 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Personally I'd stick Hickey at right back and play White.

If Craig Levein is tempted to experience that poisonous atmosphere you speak of then this would be a good idea.

Home win.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

If Craig Levein is tempted to experience that poisonous atmosphere you speak of then this would be a good idea.

Home win.

Why?  Hickey has played right back numerous times for the reserves and made his debut there, he's naturally two footed.  He's much better there than Jamie Brandon.

Edited by Tony Wonder

No match thread by Friday, I can see this one is capturing the imagination.
An absolute must win for Levein, drop points here and the atmosphere will be poisonous.  Part of me is curious to see that tbh, would be worse than Cathro's last game I reckon.
Good news is Naismith is back, bad news is yet more injuries see Smith and Pereira out so we're likely to see Doyle and Brandon.  Personally I'd stick Hickey at right back and play White.

Dikamona chucked in at right back, play well then not kick a ball again for months is my guess. Really we should be winning but we should be beating County at home as well. If we lose the end must be nigh.

We just don't win at Tynecastle. It's telling that my happiest memory there was Darian MacKinnon's tustle with Austin MacPhee.

Trying Easton out at LB for the reserves makes me think that McMann might not be back yet, but if he is then he and Easton should come in for Hamilton and Stanger. I'm sure I read that Davies will be back for this one too but I still expect Oakley to start.

Midfield's a disaster and I have no idea what Rice will do with it, even if the anonymous Alston is fit again.

Cunningham isn't cutting it, but I'd still rather persist with him than Miller who just doesn't want to be here.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why?  Hickey has played right back numerous times for the reserves and made his debut there, he's naturally two footed.  He's much better there than Jamie Brandon.

Because I don't see the point in playing Hickey out of position - however comfortable he is at right back - to accommodate White at left back rather than just playing Brandon. Levein would get slaughtered for it if we did anything other than win comfortably.

As a Scotland fan I'd quite like to see Hickey get played at RB. Surely it should suit him more given he's right-footed?

Hearts and Hamilton used to be a guarantee of umpteen fouls, plenty of bookings and less than 22 players finishing the game but recently they've been more like actual football matches

Hearts players are a bit better at football than Hamilton so should win

That said ..

Hamilton haven't won at Tynecastle for 42 years since 1st October 1977 (When Jim Jefferies was captain) and that was the first time in 40 years so they are 2 years overdue

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

Because I don't see the point in playing Hickey out of position - however comfortable he is at right back - to accommodate White at left back rather than just playing Brandon. Levein would get slaughtered for it if we did anything other than win comfortably.

It's not really out of position, he has played plenty there.  White was decent against County and Brandon is shite.  

Hearts and Hamilton used to be a guarantee of umpteen fouls, plenty of bookings and less than 22 players finishing the game but recently they've been more like actual football matches
That said ..
Hamilton haven't won at Tynecastle for 42 years since 1st October 1977 (When Jim Jefferies was captain) and that was the first time in 40 years so they are 2 years overdue

I was at the 1977 game. Do not expect to see a repeat tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Personally I'd stick Hickey at right back and play White.

Me too - I would have done the same last week when Smith went off injured.

However, I read Levein saying he though Brandon had done ok at celtic, so he will likely be at RB.

Shame Smith is out - no long throws, though, so :thumsup2

8 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:
That said ..

I was at the 1977 game. Do not expect to see a repeat tomorrow.

Ditto and have been at many games since even bringing the lucky mascot Mrs of mine who has only ever seen Accies lose once...at Tynecastle.

At £29 they can ram it and this pricing is as bad as The Old Firm away.